What's new

Are THESE The Counterfeit Lord Blades??

My blades have arrived in the US and I hope to get the dubious blades soon.

From the first reports I got I would say we are on to something here; stay tuned!

My blades have arrived in the US and I hope to get the dubious blades soon.

From the first reports I got I would say we are on to something here; stay tuned!

I was hoping they would arrive today. The first blades that Wil sent to me from The Netherlands never arrived, some international bladenapper must have taken them. If they haven't arrived by this weekend I will send more. I am very interested in your review of The Could Be Lords.
Wp

Well the could-be Lords arrived and I spent the last 15 minutes looking for the differences between packages and blades.

There are quite a few; it is too bad I can't upload any pics (still working with the good ol' Daguerreo-type here :lol:). You need them side by side the first time to really see it all.

Here we go;

-First of all the typo on inner and outer package is slightly off; smaller & thicker.

-The blue on the outer wrapper of the Fakes is a lot lighter than on the package itself; the real ones have almost the same shade of blue.

-When you lift the first part of the outer wrapper you see a symbol that looks like (or is) SP; this is black with the Fakes and red with the real ones.

-The white part down on the right is much smaller on the Fake outer wrapper causing the sword going almost from edge to edge; on the real Lord wrapper the sword has several mm. of space.

-Again on the outer wrapper; the black band carrying the sword takes a substantial part out of the capital D of the word Lord. Not so on the real ones.

Then the blade itself;

-The printing on the fake is taking more space than on the real ones.

-When you take a good look (and play with the light) you see a lot of discolorations on the surface of the fakes and you can also see that the bevel is not nice and evenly grinded like on the real Lords.

-Placed on a flat and hard surface the real ones are nice and flat; the fakes are somewhat wobbly.

-Time to take out the digital calipers;

-lenght Lord : 43.05 mm
-lenght Fake: 43.10 mm

-width Lord : 21.90 mm
-width Fake : 22.05 mm

-thickness L : 0.10 mm
-thickness F : 0.11 mm

-slot-lenght Lord : 35.95 mm
-slot-lenght Fake : 36.05mm

It will be hard to recognize the fake ones without a real package at hand but once you have seen it like I did the differences are easy to see.

One problem though; most of those differences are on the inside of the package...
The new Lord packages have a holographic band on the outside but there are still real old stock packages without that around.

My only real piece of advice would be to only buy from trusted vendors, also the best with all other gear I suppose..

Sandmountainslim had the courage to use the blades I sent him but just looking at the quality of the grinding on the fakes I am not so sure to try these out.
I think I wait for a moment that I really hate myself...:biggrin:

Talibeard,

Good Post and info! Looks like these are very fake.

I remember I had a post about fake Lords. I even did a comparison, but your analysis is in dept ;). Good Job, you must work for LORD INTERNATIONAL RIGHT, jejeje!

IMBO these are fake. Can even look at by the letter D. These may be Chinese..

Great Job and Find,

Dark

Talibeard,

Good Post and info! Looks like these are very fake.

I remember I had a post about fake Lords. I even did a comparison, but your analysis is in dept ;). Good Job, you must work for LORD INTERNATIONAL RIGHT, jejeje!

IMBO these are fake. Can even look at by the letter D. These may be Chinese..

Great Job and Find,

Dark
Hi Dark,

I remembered your posts and pics on SMF and your posts overhere. Couldn't find any of them anymore; did you delete them or did I just do a lousy research?

Not working for Lord but I do have a lot of sympathy for their products and I really dislike these cheap rip offs giving the real ones a bad name.

The overall quality of the steel and grinding is the worst I have seen on any of my blades; they did a fair job on copying the package but the blades themselves look like being made in a shed with muscle driven tools. :angry:

Talibeard,

I forgot which forum I posted, It was a while back... JEJEJE.

I remember that blade though, it was bad.. actually you are right, bad steel.

Lets hope there are no more imitations showing up. This is where we all say: "Buy from trusted sellers all around" . I myself had lord, but ran out and current stock price is a bit high to sell at reasonable pricing. I may get some next year, I will defenetly give you guys a heads up on this also with great pricing.

On a different note: I received 2 packages from one manufacturer in China, (Red Personna Chinese and ST300 (dorco).. I must say that the Red Personna Chinese is a very good blade, I got some nice shaves out of them. The ST300 is a perfect imitation and the blades are actually a little bit sharper. I got those samples as a request. Though It is ILLEGAL in China to export Branded names outside of China. IF you are cought doing so, your license is removed. I guess people are still trying to find a way to make a buck out of the name brands. Like I said, lets hope this stops.

Cheers to Originals :).

Dark

Talibeard has described the Could Be Lords to a T!
My biggest question is WHY counterfeit a blade that very few people in the Western World have ever heard of??? Why not counterfeit Gillette or a big name brand rather than Lords from Egypt? You would think it is Dollar and Euro the Chinese are after rather than Egyptian Doubloons or whatever they use.
Wp

My biggest question is WHY counterfeit a blade that very few people in the Western World have ever heard of??? Why not counterfeit Gillette or a big name brand rather than Lords from Egypt?
Wp

That is the big question I agree.

Then again Lord is quite a large company with a good branding in some DE countries; it is a rather big player outside the western world.
Gillette would probably throw a million bucks at it to blow fakes out of extinction so that could be part of it.

BTW how was your shave with the genuine ones?

Save them for a New Orleans Burglar Alarm.

Build a high wall around your property. Pour a layer of wet concrete on the top, and liberally add those Lords edge-on into the concrete. Finish with jagged pieces of broken glass, and maybe some random hypodermics.

The "alarm" part comes when some nefarious interloper actually tries to climb the wall :wink2:

A bit of digression here: this type of "burglar alarm" is popular in Thailand. Concrete fences are commonly topped with pieces of broken glass. Razor blades won't work since they will rust away.

Back onto the original topic, it is rather profitable to counterfeit common everyday items. I'm sure more people are aware of how to identify counterfeit Gillette or Schick products as opposed to Lord or Derby.

After going thru my lot of Could Be Lord counterfeit blades out of 40 packages TWO packs appear to be genuine Lord blades exactly as the ones Talibeard sent me and the rest are counterfeits.

For anyone prowling the 'bay for bargains these are the Could Be Lords
Terrible blades that cannot be used for shaving but shipping is FREE!! :thumbup1:
Wp

After going thru my lot of Could Be Lord counterfeit blades out of 40 packages TWO packs appear to be genuine Lord blades exactly as the ones Talibeard sent me and the rest are counterfeits.

For anyone prowling the 'bay for bargains these are the Could Be Lords
Terrible blades that cannot be used for shaving but shipping is FREE!! :thumbup1:
Wp

I'm glad you bought these, since I had almost done it myself. However, it appears that no one else who bought them tried them before leaving feedback, since there are no negatives; or, you're the only one so far that got the counterfeits. Plus whether or not the seller knows if they genuine or not, since almost everything he sells has been confiscated, which selling that stuff is fishy itself. But it is a large quantity of Lords he has, someone must have had a big suitcase full of them.

Wow, that paragraph rambled on. :tongue_sm

Hello Guys,

The originals are great, I can compare them to red personna and st301 but a little better :).

Here is a picture of what i took as to tell the difference, I found picture ;). I found it by luck on my computer again ;).. JEJEJE.

Dark

Can you tell the difference? Give it a guess! Look at the Blade itself!

He Dark, nice that you found the pics back but these packages are different again! :001_smile

Started against better judgement to shave with the fakes today but all I took was 2 small strokes; people actually making these blades should be forced to shave with their blades for a very long time!!

Calling these Lords is a joke; Satan's Smoothest or Lucifer's Revenge would be much more appropriate. These are BAD in a big way.

It is easy to understand that if this is the first Lord blade you tried you never want to be in the same (bath)room again with any of these.

Calling these Lords is a joke; Satan's Smoothest or Lucifer's Revenge would be much more appropriate. These are BAD in a big way.

It is easy to understand that if this is the first Lord blade you tried you never want to be in the same (bath)room again with any of these.

Now Harrie!
If we keep talking like that how are the Could Be Lords ever gonna complete their worldwide Magical Misery Tour??? Swampfox has already declined my offer to let them perform in his shaveden:lol:
Wp

Last edited:
Now Harrie!
If we keep talking like that how are the Could Be Lords ever gonna complete their worldwide Magical Misery Tour??? Swampfox has already declined my offer to let them perform in his shaveden:lol:
Wp

Well I guess that on a board with over 20,000 members there should be plenty guys that want to lay their hands on the worst blade in town, right? :biggrin:

The Could Be Lords are planning their next appearance at Nemo's house in California!
I shipped him out a box of them today along with some other blades :thumbup1:
Can't wait to hear his report!
Wp

Top Bottom