What's new

British Sterling

So I was at a Walmart and came across some British Sterling about 10 dusty boxes, you know the good stuff in the glass bottle...

proxy.php

It was so long since I took a wiff of it, but once I did it brought back memories of my uncles :biggrin:

Last edited:
I used the cologne in high school, so I haven't been around any in about 15 years. I figure it is like English Leather to me now, I don't like it. :biggrin:

So I was at a Walmart and came across some British Sterling about 10 dusty boxes, you know the good stuff in the glass bottle...

proxy.php

It was so long since I took a wiff of it, but once I did it brought back memories of my uncles :biggrin:

your uncles what? :001_07:

I used the cologne in high school, so I haven't been around any in about 15 years. I figure it is like English Leather to me now, I don't like it. :biggrin:

I have like 3 bottle of English Leather left over myself, I agree with you on that...

British Sterling still smells good to me!

Growing up, I could always count on some relative to buy me either English Leather or British Sterling for Christmas or my birthday. As a result, I can't stand either anymore.

About two years ago I dumped out a bottle of british sterling that was from 1977. Started to smell like it was going bad.

Clayton

I have 2 new bottles of British Sterling in my den for every day use. I picked them up from Perfume Network, and like it a lot. I think it smells closer to Brut than English Leather, although they both come from the same design house (Dana).

Launched by the design house of Dana in 1965, BRITISH STERLING is classified as a refined, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of warm woods, citrus, amber and moss. It is recommended for evening wear.

The design house of Dana introduced ENGLISH LEATHER in 1949 it is found to be an arid, woody, sharp fragrance. It blends masculine notes of moss, leather, woods and citrus. It is suggested for casual wear.

proxy.php

Now, that's a British Sterling!

I just got some British Sterling as a "throw in" when I snagged some vintage Old Spice.

I kind of like it, but I can see how a dousing might make bystanders throw up in thier mouths a little.

proxy.php

Now, that's a British Sterling!

I just got some British Sterling as a "throw in" when I snagged some vintage Old Spice.

I kind of like it, but I can see how a dousing might make bystanders throw up in thier mouths a little.

Haha I wouldn't think its that bad, but hey.

Don't feel bad. That is what I thought they were talking about at first, too. I've never heard of it either.

Really? Huh. It was still fairly popular when I was in highschool. You can still find it in WM and drugstores.

Growing up, I could always count on some relative to buy me either English Leather or British Sterling for Christmas or my birthday. As a result, I can't stand either anymore.

:lol: Yeah.

That commercial is good, but the William Shatner "Sings" Rocket Man video on that page should be a must watch.

:lol:

I went back and bought both the AS and Cologne :001_tt2:

I also cleaned out about 20 bottles of AS/Cologne, filled up a box and its sitting in my room I should probably sell it.

Haha I wouldn't think its that bad, but hey.

I don't think it's "that bad", in fact I like it, but many of my favorite scents would become nauseating if over-applied.

I think that's how many mass market scents have become the butt of jokes. The scent itself isn't terrible, but the guy who decides that he should marinade himself in Old Spice is going to create a lot of unpleasant scent associations, especially since the self marinading personality types are usually those that linger in the memory.

I don't think it's "that bad", in fact I like it, but many of my favorite scents would become nauseating if over-applied.

I think that's how many mass market scents have become the butt of jokes. The scent itself isn't terrible, but the guy who decides that he should marinade himself in Old Spice is going to create a lot of unpleasant scent associations, especially since the self marinading personality types are usually those that linger in the memory.

I know what you mean generally though theres always a couple of those guys where I work, however I wish it was OS and not whatever chemical based crap they wear...

Top Bottom