What's new

Proraso Pre/Post vs. Noxzema

Just wanted to get some input on this.

Proraso Pre/Post has become a staple for me. I even use it on days I don't shave. I have seen random posts on the forum that Noxzema is the same stuff.

I think I tried Noxzema once a long, long time ago. I remember it being more liquid, gelatenous than Proraso P&P. The Proraso is very dry and easy to spread.

Can someone clarify the differences? If I can get the same effect from Noxzema I will definitely give a try.

Just wanted to get some input on this.

Proraso Pre/Post has become a staple for me. I even use it on days I don't shave. I have seen random posts on the forum that Noxzema is the same stuff.

I think I tried Noxzema once a long, long time ago. I remember it being more liquid, gelatenous than Proraso P&P. The Proraso is very dry and easy to spread.

Can someone clarify the differences? If I can get the same effect from Noxzema I will definitely give a try.

Your assessment of the two products is right on the money. The Proraso Pre/post is dryer. But as a substitute for the pre-shave, the Noxzema is quite good. The ingredients are similar.

I use it when I lather with creams --which isn't very often anymore. I am a heavy user of shave soaps/sticks and face lather, so use of the pre-shave doesn't make much sense to me.

-- John Gehman

Your assessment of the two products is right on the money. The Proraso Pre/post is dryer. But as a substitute for the pre-shave, the Noxzema is quite good. The ingredients are similar.

I use it when I lather with creams --which isn't very often anymore. I am a heavy user of shave soaps/sticks and face lather, so use of the pre-shave doesn't make much sense to me.

-- John Gehman

Thanks for confirming this. I much prefer the consistency of the Proraso, and even though it costs more, I will continue to use it.

I've not seen the proaso pre/post before, but do have some noxema... so, just so I'm clear, what you are suggesting is keeping the noxema on (presumably after washing as normal) before lathering. After shaving, perhaps after any ASL/ASB, rubbing the noxema on as a moisturizer?

I've not seen the proaso pre/post before, but do have some noxema... so, just so I'm clear, what you are suggesting is keeping the noxema on (presumably after washing as normal) before lathering. After shaving, perhaps after any ASL/ASB, rubbing the noxema on as a moisturizer?

My use of Proraso P&P is strictly as a pre-shave prep. I shave at night and while I am washing my hair, etc... I apply the Proraso and rinse it off right before I get out to shave.

Since Proraso P&P is made of 99.9% magic, it leaves my face in a perfect shave ready state no matter what the day has done to my skin.:biggrin:

My use of Proraso P&P is strictly as a pre-shave prep. I shave at night and while I am washing my hair, etc... I apply the Proraso and rinse it off right before I get out to shave.

Since Proraso P&P is made of 99.9% magic, it leaves my face in a perfect shave ready state no matter what the day has done to my skin.:biggrin:

99.9% magic, eh? I have to wonder then, what is the other 0.1%?

Whatever it may be, I'm sure that the proraso pre/post is suitable for leaving on after a shave... it would seem silly if it weren't. Still wondering about using noxema for this purpose though.

Top Bottom