What's new

I got some Creed samples last weekend . . .

and included among them were two I really haven't heard much about - Royal Water and Orange Spice. I'm curious to hear what you guys think of these.

Royal Water - too effeminate and generic for me. Smells like CK1 or some other 90's aquatic. Designed for Princess Diana and worn by Elton John. 'Nuff said.

Orange Spice - one of my favorites for cooler weather and the influence behind YSL Kouros. The orange, cinnamon and clove should work with everyone's chemistry. I highly suggest you also try Acier Aluminium (orange, vanilla, musk, ambergris) and Baie de Genievre (juniper, cinnamon, vetiver). All three have a classic barbershop vibe.

I've never tried them. Creed seems to make a huge number of ranges--which is why it's unfortunate that they chose to put Vintage Tabarome down in the vault. How are they? What do you think of them so far?

Orange Spice - one of my favorites for cooler weather and the influence behind YSL Kouros. The orange, cinnamon and clove should work with everyone's chemistry. I highly suggest you also try Acier Aluminium (orange, vanilla, musk, ambergris) and Baie de Genievre (juniper, cinnamon, vetiver). All three have a classic barbershop vibe.[/QUOTE]

I've tried with Baie de Genivre several times and it just doesn't work for me. As for Acier - too much like blood for my taste even around Halloween. Still, these differences of opinion make it essential to try them - they are very well put together regardless.

and included among them were two I really haven't heard much about - Royal Water and Orange Spice. I'm curious to hear what you guys think of these.

Where did you get the samples? Any chance a guy can pick them up without a plane ticked to NY?

Where did you get the samples? Any chance a guy can pick them up without a plane ticked to NY?
Got a Neimann-Marcus anywhere around?

If not, contact Creed. I don't think they'll send samples, but they'll refer you to the nearest authorized seller and that person would have samples.

Wearing the orange spice today. I kind of like it, but it's vastly different than anything I've worn before. Even though there is a definite orange note, it's not what I would call a citrus scent. My wife's initial impression was that it's ok but a little "perfumey." We'll see how it develops during the day.

Following up the prior post, I enjoyed the Orange Spice, and didn't actually find it to be "perfumey." I think my wife just happened to smell it very soon after I applied it, before it had a chance to calm down. I'm not sure if it's bottle-worthy for me, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try - it strikes me as a cologne that guys who enjoy traditional fragrances will like. The staying power was good on me, as well.

I'm actually getting a much more "perfumey" vibe from the Royal Water I'm trying today, which goes along with what Kouros said in his prior post. I'm not digging it at all, so far.

EDIT: the Royal Water is defintley not getting a second try. Blech!

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
How is the Santal?

From the Creeds I have, it is one of my favorites! The problem with all scents is that:
a. they all smell different on different skins...
b. they develop differently on different skins...
c. the perception of the scent is different by different people...

As you see, the word 'different' is often in there....

So, when I like a scent, another person may not like it at all, and vice versa. For example, a lot here like Pen's BB, but I cannot stand it, it develops to some kind of nasty medicine scent on me. Another example are bay r(h)ums - I cannot stand them and my eyes start itching and watering and I have also a small problem breathing - so a drastic allergic reaction in me. Others love them. Funny thing is that I just got within the last few weeks some goods, and two put in some freebies - bay Rums.....

If you like to test it, I can send you a small sample.

Last edited:
Top Bottom