Thread: Phils Win!

Images

Talking Phils Win!

Having been a LONG suffering fan, it is just a treat to watch this team play! The World Series will be one for the ages if it's the Yanks.

Yeeeaaa Baby!!!!

I'm so happy for all my Phillies fans friends and relatives. My Dad is a die hard Phillie fan and has been there for the team through all of the miserable years. I'm really hoping they go all the way again.
    Steve.

[QUOTE=pcullens;1430937]but remember that the steel of a man is tempered in the fires of adversity.[/QUOTE]

Images

I gotta feel for GM Ed Wade. Right on your exit from the city they go to two world series and now he's stuck at the bottom with the Astros... This isn't the series I was hoping for, but shoudl be fun to watch Lidge go up against the Yanks lineup (if they win).
    James

Quote Originally Posted by infotech View Post
    I gotta feel for GM Ed Wade. Right on your exit from the city they go to two world series and now he's stuck at the bottom with the Astros... This isn't the series I was hoping for, but shoudl be fun to watch Lidge go up against the Yanks lineup (if they win).
    Last year after the Phils won, one of the executives in the organization gave props to Ed Wade and what he did for the organization in forming this Phillies team. It does stink he was there to be part of the festivities.
    Steve.

[QUOTE=pcullens;1430937]but remember that the steel of a man is tempered in the fires of adversity.[/QUOTE]

Images

Too bad they're going to lose to the Yankees now.

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Too bad they're going to lose to the Yankees now.
    Actually, that'd be very good
    Antonio

Images

Quote Originally Posted by PedroNavaja View Post
    Actually, that'd be very good
    I meant too bad for them.

I'm rooting for NY too, since it will please my wife from NY.

I'm a White Sox fan myself...but I can't endure another Philadelphia championship...too many Philly sports fans around here.

i live in philly, didn't get to bed until 3 am!!! i was half expecting turned over cars engulfed in flames.

I can't wait for my GF to finish up her degree so we can get out! the fans are horrific
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]AJ

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.
    -Woody Allen[/FONT]

Congrats to the Phils. The line up they put out there everyday is very, very good. Coupled with excellent pitching, they are a very tough team to beat, epecially in a best of 7 series.

I really wanted to see Torre vs. The Yankees though.

The Dodgers have a really good young core of players, and there time will come soon enough. I hope Torre stays on a few years.
    ---------

Scott

Images

Phils-Yanks could be one for the ages. Both lineups have so much firepower that neither bandbox they play in stand much chance of keeping the balls playable. I give the pitching edge to the Yanks, if only because Hamels just isn't the same this year. It should be a treat to watch!