What's new

Smoothest shave ever!

It was amazing! I used nutragena face wash and loaded a gillette super silver platinum in my 33c and applied some nutragena shave cream and went to work. First pass was like shusting down the slopes on a bed of fresh powder. I hadn't intended to do more than one pass since the prewash/cream/blade were all first time use but first pass went so well I had to go for it and did XTG and ATG passes as well. No snag, no resistance at all! Applied the alum and no burn at all! Went to rub my face and see how smooth I'd gotten and it was like I had never shaved at all. Hmmm... something ain't right. Took the razor and tried it on my arm... nothing, it just combed the hair down but didn't cut a damn thing. Of course I blamed the blade so went to unload it and then something hit me as odd. Wasn't there supposed to be a gap between then blade and the safety bar? Seems I had put the razor back together with the middle piece upside down after loading the blade. Corrected my mistake and tried again, am happy to say I got a couple of weepers and the alum stung like hell but at least it was removing hair. Guess the lesson to be learned here is that it is a poor craftsman that blames his tools first for all his screwups. Sometimes it's the craftsman.

You'd be amazed at the number of razors that you see photographed on eBay misassembled that way. As you found, it fully protects the blade from any contact with the outside world. :smile:

Contratulations on your first shave.

Now you can concentrate on getting the razor angle figured out and using as little pressure as possible for your second shave.

- Chris

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yep, I agree with you. People tend to blame the equipment first.
That's why you have guys jumping from razor to razor, trying adjustables at different setting etc. days after starting the process.
Each time, they think if they just had the right razor or just the right prep they will get that BBS they are looking for, when in reality it is technique and skill that needs to be honed.
Glad you recognize that, it puts you ahead of the pack. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Those things happen sometimes. I saw a few pictures on ebay showing the middle piece up-side down, funny! Good that you find it!

Top Bottom