What's new

How do I use these Mugs???

Hi.

I am currently using an old cappuccino mug but i have found a nice shaving mug....but i have no idea how to use it :eek:

It looks like a teapot, ie, it has a handle and a broad spout, but with a small bowl on top.

Do presume you fill it with hot water, place your brush in the spout, small amount of soap/cream on the top bowl and mix??

Thanks for your help. My day is off to a bad start if i have a cold lather :biggrin:

J

Jarmo P

Well, some of them might serve coffe or tea better than the other. Face lather with none of them I recommend if you are a soap user :001_rolle
Dip the brush to sink full of hot water and the lather won't be cold. YMMVY

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi.

I am currently using an old cappuccino mug but i have found a nice shaving mug....but i have no idea how to use it :eek:

It looks like a teapot, ie, it has a handle and a broad spout, but with a small bowl on top.

Do presume you fill it with hot water, place your brush in the spout, small amount of soap/cream on the top bowl and mix??

Thanks for your help. My day is off to a bad start if i have a cold lather :biggrin:

Sounds like you found yourself a scuttle. Congrats.
I don't use one, but you can do a quick search here and find out the best use of it.
A few pics would help identifying it / pointing to its best use.

Brilliant! A scuttle!

Quick google around and it seems that the Moss Scuttle seems best suited as it is larger for cream which i use.

Are there any UK suppliers??

Thanks for your help:001_smile

Sounds like you found yourself a scuttle. Congrats.
I don't use one, but you can do a quick search here and find out the best use of it.
A few pics would help identifying it / pointing to its best use.

+1 here. I use a Georgetown scuttle and I love the thing. After you load your brush with soap/cream, you use the scuttle to mix your lather. The scuttle keeps your brush and lather warm. :biggrin: :001_rolle :tongue:

Don't know how much it is to get a Moss scuttle to the UK, but Julie at Dirty Bird Pottery charged me $21.08 postage for one of her scuttles and that was exactly how much it said on the postage label. I'm extremely happy with my Dirty Bird. :thumbup1:

Thanks.

Yes i am always impressed with fair postage and packaging too, and will actually make that shop a priority when i need more stuff. Hate it when you get charged £10 and the P&P is £2, i will not shop there again.

Well i have seen a few alternatives, like a keep warm ceramic dip bowl, self watering plant pots etc :biggrin: nonetheless, the owners are very happy with them.

Thanks for all your replys, i will keep the post dated if i find out a UK supplier.

Pete

Top Bottom