What's new

The MMA Thread

HDnet was awesome for MMA.

I can't even keep up with all the cards any more....but I try. The FF button gets used on quite a few of the fights as I just don't have the time to watch all of them.

I really hope this Fight Pass thing fails soon. Either PPV or free TV but I can't stand these monthly subscription events.

Looking back, they used to have 1 event a month, maybe....now they are having them every week or two and have exhausted the PPV and TV audiences so have branched into streaming and with two cards on the same day.

I won't pay for the fight pass. I don't even pay for PPV's. No I don't pirate them, but thankfully I have a BW3s a quarter mile from my house that shows them for free. And thankfully now, there is so many fights available with cable.

It's even more worrying after reading this article about Krysztof Soszynski retiring/ after suffering memory loss.

Been out of town for work all week, finally took some time to catch up on this thread.

Holy crap! I had not watched that, it's serious right there.

I was rooting for boetsch, the guy is always an underdog that finds a way to win. I hope he doesn't have the problems that Krystof does.

I won't pay for fight pass either. Not until they discount the price of fight pass from the monthly PPV's. I doubt they will ever do that though.

Man, as much as i like watching MMA, i really dislike when they do two cards in one day. The two main fights for the "pass" card look great. I'm not really sure who will win between le/bisping. Le has great kicks, but Bisping is such a technical fighter. I really wonder how much bispings eye has affected him. I never pictured a guy like kennedy beating bisping.

I used to watch them at buffalo wild wings, but i just go to hooters now. Both have free cover, but i like the wings from hooters more.

MMA is the only sports I watch with any regularity, and I had to buy the "sports pass" from my cable provider so that I can get FS1. I already pay a fee to watch MMA on cable, I'm not buying Fight Pass too. We don't buy the PPV's any more either, my wife and I go to a bar and see them there.

I watched the fights on Fox this morning. Overall I thought it was a good card. How about that Omaplata? I thought the Henderson stoppage was good but after watching the replay I wasn't sure. It looked like he went limp and got punched back into consciousness.

I'm excited to see Barao vs Dillashaw. But I still don't think Barao deserved an immediate rematch. I think Cruz, Accasauo (I know I butchered that spelling) would have been better choices.

Sadly the rest of the card is weak (at least on paper), so I hope they are exciting.

I'm pumped for 178, not as much as I was when it was Jones and Cormier, but it's still a really strong card. So glad Alvarez is with the UFC, love to see how good that guy really is. I'd like to get Michael Chandler and Will Brooks in the LW division as well.

Oh yeah!!

Good to see Roger Huerta back!!

Really awesome to see him back on the winning side. I hope he can put a string of great wins together. So he can maybe comeback to the UFC. This kid has so much potential. It's great to see him put it all together, What a good fight that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they're legal. But stomps to the head are not allowed.

I'm also disappointed that olympic gold wrestling champ henry cejudo had to pull out from his fight agsinst scott jorgensen. The kid is undefeated and i wanted to see how he would fare in the ufc.

Huerta took a flush kick to the head there, and he wasn't dazed. Very impressive.

I forgot all about the PPV that should have been a Fight Night....so am watching now.

How the heck does an unranked fighter and someone who has never fought in the UFC walk in to a five round title fight? I know they had to save the card, but are no other top ten fighters ready to go and willing to step in? Or was it a case of, let's throw this guy into the lions den and make sure we can ser up the TJ Barao rematch? Either way, he stood his ground, took the fight deep and put on a great show. Much better then some other last minute replacement fighter have been, that's for sure.

That choke by Yancy Medeiros was NASTY!

Shayna Baisler looked like a punching dummy and I don't know if I can watch much more women's MMA as it is quite pathetic in my eyes. Which sucks as the next TUF is women.

How can a co-main event have two unranked fighters and non legends/big names etc? Did another fight call through to bump this one up to co-main status? Turned out to be a decent fight though with a dominant ground control and a bad decision.

Last edited:
Yeah, the card ended up being decent.

Joe Soto wasn't pat cummins, for a minute there he was actually tagging TJ up good.

LMAO at bayzler, she talked ALL that noise during TUF then she lost to juliana pena. Then she kept talking even more noise, and ended up looking like dave menne against phil baroni. Bethe correia taking down the 4 horse women, one at a time. That was awesome!

I'm not a fan of danny castillo, and i was actually hoping that "el cucuy" would knock him out. But i think that castillo should have got the nod in that fight. i agree bruce, that was an awesome choke by yancy.

Dana said that barao is not getting a title shot when he gets back (should be very soon imo). So i wonder who he's gonna fight.

Yeah, the card ended up being decent.

Joe Soto wasn't pat cummins, for a minute there he was actually tagging TJ up good.

LMAO at bayzler, she talked ALL that noise during TUF then she lost to juliana pena. Then she kept talking even more noise, and ended up looking like dave menne against phil baroni. Bethe correia taking down the 4 horse women, one at a time. That was awesome!

I'm not a fan of danny castillo, and i was actually hoping that "el cucuy" would knock him out. But i think that castillo should have got the nod in that fight. i agree bruce, that was an awesome choke by yancy.

Dana said that barao is not getting a title shot when he gets back (should be very soon imo). So i wonder who he's gonna fight.

Oh boy was that a beat down. I'll never forget it. Now that I think about it, what ever happened to Larry Landless?

proxy.php

Top Bottom