What's new

Help. Love Floris Santal but need some advice for more.

Well I love my bottle of Floris Santal. Love the warm spicy notes with the woody background of it. I want to find some other colognes that I should like. Is there anything in the Floris line other than this I need to try. I also like penhaligons opus 1870 an edymion. Creed EDP is nice but expensive. Polo double black was a favorite of minetill I decided I dont want mainstream colognes anymore.

You know, if you like woody scents, would you rather I fill up that sample vial I have with some Tam Dao instead of the Floris 89? It might be more up your ally.

I think that is more of just woodsy
I liek the wood to play a role but in the background to the spices. I know 89 is a bit more floral but I really want to try it eventually abd will keep wanting to till I do just because it is floris.

Well I love my bottle of Floris Santal. Love the warm spicy notes with the woody background of it. I want to find some other colognes that I should like. Is there anything in the Floris line other than this I need to try. I also like penhaligons opus 1870 an edymion. Creed EDP is nice but expensive. Polo double black was a favorite of minetill I decided I dont want mainstream colognes anymore.

Hey--I don't know if this helps, but I think Floris Santal is much more similar to Gucci Envy or Carven Homme--which is pretty inexpensive--than other sandalwood scents.

I got some carven for $20 new on ebay, and it's a standout for an otherwise run-of-the-mill company. And you can usually get Envy samples for less than $10.

but you're right, I don't think I've smelled a Floris scent yet that wasn't high quality.

By all means explore the Floris realm some more. The Santal is one of my least favorite Floris scents- not because it's bad or undesirable- it's just that the others are so good. :smile:

Pulled out some Brooks Brothers 1818 a few nights ago. You might want to give it a try - it will always be in my rotation.

personally, i really like many of the floris scents. if you like a deep spicy scent, you might want to try truefitt and hill spanish leather. it's underrated.

JF is just great for summer. Crisp and clean.
I'm planning to stick to two colognes: JF for summer and Santal for winter.
Elite is very nice too, more "old world" than Santal.

Top Bottom