What's new

TABAC and Others

You know it is nice to have a really well laid out web store, but there is something I really enjoy about doing business at QED. Maybe because its "Edwardian" nature Wet shaving goes well with an older more personalized type of shopping. Having to have a conversation with the proprietor, and search dusty rooms to find the prize somehow feels right...

You know it is nice to have a really well laid out web store, but there is something I really enjoy about doing business at QED. Maybe because its "Edwardian" nature Wet shaving goes well with an older more personalized type of shopping. Having to have a conversation with the proprietor, and search dusty rooms to find the prize somehow feels right...

I agree completely. Personally, I always enjoy emailing Charles anyway. He's typically good for a few fun comments or some witty banter.

Glad to hear about the Floris. Something more to add to an already lengthy order focused largely on Christmas gift buying (honestly, not everything I'm buying is for me...some of it is for others :smile: )

Thank you, Ron.

I have the Bronnley cream, and Yes, it is a really good cream, up there with the best English stuff. Scent is light and fresh, with some bergamot in the mix. Skincare is excellent.

My pleasure. I have used the Bronnley cream for a while and really enjoy it. Its performance and lather quality fit all of the superlatives that haunt the shaving forums.. Great stuff and now with a nice, thick glass jar. Yes!!:thumbup:

Thanks Ron, I had an enjoyable email conversation with Charles and ended up making my first Tabac purchase, plus a Mocha Java shave stick. I asked him an admittedly broad and subjective question and got some of his trademark wit and wisdom in return. I'm looking forward to trying some of his other stuff as well, although he was the first to suggest that there's no need to rush to try everything at once. A refreshing attitude from someone who appreciates a long-term customer relationship as opposed to someone trying to cram a bunch of products down your throat.

The website is indeed atrocious but I'd encourage folks to email him, he responded very quickly (on a Sunday!) and was very approachable.

Yes, I honestly believe the reason for his "unique" website is because he wants the interaction between his customers and himself whether it be email or phone calls.
He could update his website and get more orders and make more money, but I just don't think he would enjoy the work as much. He likes to actually interact w/ his customers and not just take their money and ship out a box (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Charles said:
By the bye, I used the Real Shave Balm this morning after shaving ... my opinion, superior to the Proraso Pre/Post.

Also, I do have a small stock of the following Real Shave products should U.S. lads be interested:

Shaving Creams:
- Moisturising (English spelling)
- Cooling
- Sensitive

After Shave Balm

Hair & Body Wash (nice, in my opinion)

Daily Face Wash (very nice, in my opinion)

I must add, for any of you that have been pining over the loss of Coates Teatree Shaving Cream, by all means try The Real Shaving Company Moisturising Shave Cream. The balm is also very, very good on these wintry days. I have been enjoying both for a couple of icy days down here in the Wet Shaving and Power Outage Mecca of the Midwest with pleasure and great results.:w00t:
So if you are in the mood to challenge the world's most challenging website, QED go for the gusto! Or, you could always email..

Top Bottom