What's new

Chippendale - and not the stripper!

My latest acquisition. 1921 Chippendale.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks guys. I still can't wrap my head around this one. I set a bid expecting it to go for way more and was pleasantly surprised after returning from watching Boardwalk Empire, to see I actually won. This is definitely the jewel of my collection, that honor previously held by my mint 1934 Aristocrat.

Here's the Chippendale from Achim's (mr-razor) web site. I wished mine said "Presented by King C. Gillette" too! Maybe since mine is a 1921 and his is a 1922, that's why they are different? Or his was a gift directly from King to someone?

proxy.php

Here's the Chippendale from Achim's (mr-razor) web site. I wished mine said "Presented by King C. Gillette" too! Maybe since mine is a 1921 and his is a 1922, that's why they are different? Or his was a gift directly from King to someone?

I believe you are right. Here is a link to an older thread about this set´s. You can see, that King C. Gillette has signed the warranty card itself. I wished I have the complete set like Arik´s

Nice score :thumbup:

I really don't mind missing out on razors so much when I discover that it is going to a good B&B home and will be looked after properly - well done and congratulations!

Top Bottom