What's new

Post your Butterscotch Eye Candy Here!

...Is that Keyhole the one I sold on BST (my memory is bad). If so, what did you think of the hair. I found it a bit prickly...

Ian, that is indeed the one I bought from you. It is a tiny bit prickly. I don't use it but I like to look at it. I won't re-knot it as I like having the original knot in good condition (ditto for the AS3M).

Very sweet collection, David. There is something about the vintage Simpson Best knots that is truly special. Kitten didn't immediately leap to mind, but I think it is a very apt description.

Not the best picture right now, but here is mine I just finished last night:

proxy.php

Picked up these two at an antique shop for 5.00 bucks...score!

Simpson AS2M and a Kent KS12

proxy.php

FANTASTIC scores!

I just traveled with my KSI2 (not sure if it's a KS12 or KSI2)... mine is mixed hair - and just a fine little brush. Is yours all badger or mixed badger/boar?

Congratulations on your finds!

Glad to show her David. Mine is in pretty bad shape as far as the knot goes, softest best grade I've EVER felt but the outer ring appears singed...so at some point in time I will re-knot her with a TGN Grade A...

K5 Kent, bought new, late 60's?

Recently "customized" by new doggie. He pulled it out of several in a drawer, and gnawed lightly at the end of the base. Excellent taste.

Probably my favorite, too.

Mike

Last edited:
Picked up two at the antiques mall yesterday.

Left: Tiny EverReady boar, "cased" with badger.

Right: Ever Ready badger.

Center: Old favorite, Kent K5, included for scale and color.

Thanks, Kevin.

It is a lovely brush, I'd shave with it every day, if I could, but the knot is so dense that it needs to be "in rotation" so that it will dry out.

Great lathering with just about everything (I used to use bath soap with it), comfy on the face, too.

Love the shape and size.

- Mike

Reading through the 33 pages of this thread was quite enjoyable! The butterscotch is such a wonderful color and there are many skilled photographers here on the boards. Thanks for sharing, gents!

Top Bottom