What's new

Red Tip first timer

I recieved a Red Tip from a fellow B&B member the other day (thanks Vijay!). It arrived very clean and in great shape. Becaus three other razors arrived the same day I finally got around to trying it out today. I did my normal prep, hot shower, soaked my wiskers with a little hair conditioner, applied a little King of Shaves oil whipped up some VDH put a Irridium blade in and gave it a whirl. Very smooth, close three pass shave ,WTG, XTG, and ATG. Minimal irritation which is unusual for me with a first time use blade.

I now have too many razors that I enjoy using, I really need more faces. I have only been at this for two months and I have a dozen razors with more on the way.

When does the RAD subside?

I recieved a Red Tip from a fellow B&B member the other day (thanks Vijay!). It arrived very clean and in great shape. Becaus three other razors arrived the same day I finally got around to trying it out today. I did my normal prep, hot shower, soaked my wiskers with a little hair conditioner, applied a little King of Shaves oil whipped up some VDH put a Irridium blade in and gave it a whirl. Very smooth, close three pass shave ,WTG, XTG, and ATG. Minimal irritation which is unusual for me with a first time use blade.

I now have too many razors that I enjoy using, I really need more faces. I have only been at this for two months and I have a dozen razors with more on the way.

When does the RAD subside?

When one of us finds, out we'll let you know.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
RAD subsides for you, and begins for another when your will is read and your razors get passed to the next poor sap.

RAD seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon. In a way, we're lucky to be wetshavers in this era. We've got safety razors from every preceding era to pick from going back a hundred years, relatively easy to procure either through the BST or ebay, as well as a nice selection of contemporary DEs. No such thing as "vintage" in grandpappy's day!

It's not as bad as some make it out to be.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel...wait...oops my mistake.
That light turned out to be another display case.

Are you a 'collector' or a 'shaver'? If you're starting a collection, go for it. But if you just want a good shave, then stop what you're doing, pick on razor and use it exclusively for at least a month - you need to focus on technique at this point, and switching razors around is going to hurt your progress.

Are you a 'collector' or a 'shaver'? If you're starting a collection, go for it. But if you just want a good shave, then stop what you're doing, pick on razor and use it exclusively for at least a month - you need to focus on technique at this point, and switching razors around is going to hurt your progress.

I understand what you are saying but I consistently get real good shaves with whatever razor I use. Unless I put a Feather in it then all bets are off!

Flea market.

Was that rack made for those little spoons? I might see if I can find one.

proxy.php

Spoon rack, what a perfect thing for razors. :laugh:
Thanks for the idea Radar.

Placed a bid on a rack on Ebay. :001_smile

I've only used my redtip once. It tore me up like a horny cellmate.:blink:
I don't plan on letting it get the best of me. I'll try it out again once I'm able to shave again. (1st and 2d degree burns on face):blushing:
I chose the blushing emo because it's as red as my face. OUCH!!

Love my red tip. It is most definitely my favorite razor. But my RAD will not let me stop at that razor.

Wow, Radar, wow... That is an impressive collection you have. My wife would kill me.

When one of us finds, out we'll let you know.

Goodness gracious! That's an arsenal, not a collection.

Isn't it called racketeering when you hoard all the Slims in the world to drive up prices, then unload them on the market to make a profit?

Somehow, though, I feel like there are some secret stashes around that would fit in a small warehouse.

K.T.

Goodness gracious! That's an arsenal, not a collection.

Isn't it called racketeering when you hoard all the Slims in the world to drive up prices, then unload them on the market to make a profit?

Somehow, though, I feel like there are some secret stashes around that would fit in a small warehouse.

K.T.

Well, to be honest, all the slims you see in the 2nd photo are either in my Gillette Display case in a case, or in the pipe rack on the bottom right in the first picture. Also, some of the Super Speeds fromt he 2nd picture are now in the spoon rack.

Top Bottom