What's new

Who Knew?

I recently bought this handsome silver-plated shaving brush from a fellow B&B member; and, I thought to myself, I should look for a shaving mug to go with it.

Little did I know, that I would find a Sterling-silver shaving mug-and-brush set on eBay, for which the seller was willing to set a Buy It Now price (needless to say, I snatched it up).

Although the shaving brush is simple and, well, "plain Jane", the shaving mug is a perfect match for "Frank" (the name which is monogrammed on the bottom of the shaving brush I bought on B&B).

"Frank" is losing his hair, and needs to be re-bristled. Still, they do make a stunning couple... who knew that I'd end-up playing "matchmaker" for shaving gear?

Very nice, JBH; looks like they were made to go together. Are there proof marks on either? They could have been made by the same silversmith.

Nice find, JB!

Makes me wonder if there's something that exists for my great-grandfather's shaving mirror/soap dish... and, I guess brush holder? I'll have to post a picture sometime soon.

Congrats on a great find!

Tchau,
chop-chop

Top Bottom