What's new

I have switched - I found "it" *****

Well, maybe you want to weed out the non-DE believers. I will be the guy that admits I used my electric razor around the same day Jim posted this thread. By looking at the "garage sales" listed by Jim, I think he might be for real.

I find nothing wrong with using whatever suits you. For me, I find it entertaining to jump from electric to cartridge to DE. But I'm not going to shot someone down from one over another or stand on my soapbox preaching my way is the only way.

That said, thanks for the Panasonic recommendation. For $400, that easily matched my DE starting investment with brushes, razors, and 1 year worth of blades and lathers.

Stop this sketch !! This sketch has become far to silly! "Mods lock this thread" sillyness I tell you. !

Last edited:
I find nothing wrong with using whatever suits you. [...] I'm not going to shot someone down from one over another or stand on my soapbox preaching my way is the only way.

The only reason I know about Electric Razor Rap is because I used to post there...years ago. And I do have both a Panasonic and a Norelco buried somewhere in the vast detritus accumulated from my past experiments. Honestly, I think Panasonics are excellently made shavers, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to people who want to use an electric shaver. Unfortunately, they irritate the hell out of my skin and I can't use them. Not to mention, I personally think electric shaving is for the birds. But if someone wants to go with an electric, and can tolerate Panasonics, they would be my top recommendation...although not at $400. Back when I was experimenting, their most expensive shaver ever was $300, sold at The Sharper Image. You can now get it at Target for a mere fraction of its flagship price. The electric makers "improve" their products, and jack up the prices accordingly, more often than Gillette. Caveat emptor.

Wow! It's getting pretty deep here, good thing I've got my boots on.

Good luck, Jim. Why don't you PIF your entire collection in one HUGE box!

I'll take dibs on that! I can tell a joke and make you laugh, the way I won my first PIF!

Stop this sketch !! This sketch has become far to silly! "Mods lock this thread" sillyness I tell you. !

attachment.php

By the way, that moustache on Graham Chapman sure is silly;

I think he ought to use that Panasonic Jim is crowing about. :001_smile

Next...

Now that Jim's come out of the electric closet, I'd like to applaud him, and show my support for his courageous move by revealing the latest prototype in electric razors from Acme Laboratory. Jim's helped us immensely at Acme over the past year to come up with the ultimate in shaves, combining advances in computer technology, the latest in materials and manufacturing science, and that human element missing from too many newfangled products.

Thanks, Jim, for your vision and hard work. We're so excited about bringing this new razor to market later this year, and we owe it all to your vision and courage.

The Acme Electric and Machinery Company is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Avestraightor--Acme Vibrating Electric Stealth Straight Razor.
proxy.php

The Avestraightor uses the latest high-technology, combining advanced computers, the latest clean room techniques, and state of the art robotic technology.
proxy.php

Here's Robbie, our chief technologist, showing off the amazing features of the Avestraightor. Robbie cares about you, the straight shaver, and he's always willing to bend an ear (or an antennae) to listen to what you have to say. The Avestraightor features high quality plastic, rubber, and stainless steel construction. The replaceable patented platinum coated, stainless steel, molecularly mangulated blades free you from the time-consuming and error-prone chore of lapping and stropping of your razor. Instead, you get a sharp, clean blade every time. This amazing miracle shave is made possible through the magic of computer miniaturization. Each Avestraightor has a built-in computer to control all of its functions.
proxy.php

Check out these features, not available anywhere else.

The Avestraightor features dual, adjustable 3-phase vibrating action.

On high, the Avestraightor vibrates back and forth to plow through even the toughest beards quickly and easily.
proxy.php

For a quick touch up or gentle faces, set the Avestraightor to low for a quick easy shave.
proxy.php

For the most in comfort, the Avestraightor features SSS-Action (soothing smooth sinusiodal action). Set to SSS-Action, the Avestraightor gives the most comfortable and gentle shave ever.
proxy.php

Turn on the Avestraightor dual-action two way vibration and the razor not only vibrates back and forth, but gently rocks side to side. This patented side to side action helps reduce the tug action on your beard and face, eliminating painful and unsightly ingrowns, and provides a gentle, soothing, massaging action to exercise and lubricate your follices, leaving your face feeling baby smooth all day long.
proxy.php

For the ultimate in quick shaves, the Avestraightor can be set to its patented 3-phase mode. In 3-phase mode, the Avestraightor replaceable patented platinum coated, stainless steel, molecularly mangulated blades vibrate in three directions at once, pulverizing beard hairs instantly on contact.
proxy.php

The Avestraightor also features built-in adjustable thermal control. Set the termperature low...
proxy.php

or high, for the most luxurious, warm shave ever.
proxy.php

The Avestraightor comes with a computer-controlled rechargeable power station.
proxy.php

For the traveler, an optional traveller's kit is available. It includes the Avestraightor rechargeable power station
proxy.php

and power adaptors for AA batteries
proxy.php

9V batteries
proxy.php

and even a handy automobile adapter, for that quick shave on the go.
proxy.php

Lighting options include the 12W halogen illiminator attachment...
proxy.php

... and a flip up magnifier to help you see just how close your shave really is.
proxy.php

Tired of $4.00 cartridge blades? The patented Illuminati strip, unavailable elsewhere, really lets you see how much money you're saving using the Avestraightor.
proxy.php

And the Illuminati strip is fully compatible with the illiminator and magnifier.
proxy.php

And our patented stealth mode technology takes the fear out of shaving. Just press the button, and all your anxieties over using a cut throat straight razor will disappear.
proxy.php

The Avestraightor is not available in stores yet. Watch for our product release in Q3 2010.

Along with the release of The Avestraightor, we're also planning to release a new high tech shaving balm. Our highly trained molecular technicians and chemists tested hundreds of products and came up with something you'll really enjoy. It's a non-lathering, pre-post-shave balm, that helps soften, harden, and lubricate your face all at the same time. Best of all, it's static free to prevent those embarrasing sweater klingons from sticking to your face.
proxy.php

Thanks again, Jim.

Last edited:
There comes a point where words fail me, and Steve's Avestraightor post is one of them.

EDIT: Evidently I just didn't think as lucidly as Walt.

It's not midnight in NYC yet, but I still think he's full of sh*t. I'll lay odds that's not even his review, but something he ripped off from some poor schmuck at Electric Razor Rap.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:+1,000. That, or he's a victim of the Body Snatchers!

Now that Jim's come out of the electric closet, I'd like to applaud him, and show my support for his courageous move by revealing the latest prototype in electric razors from Acme Laboratory. Jim's helped us immensely at Acme over the past year to come up with the ultimate in shaves, combining advances in computer technology, the latest in materials and manufacturing science, and that human element missing from too many newfangled products.

Thanks, Jim, for your vision and hard work. We're so excited about bringing this new razor to market later this year, and we owe it all to your vision and courage.

Thanks again, Jim.

Jim, I know you are mad at us right now, but I hope you appreciate the effort, time and love that we have put into responses to your post.

Good God SiBurning...just amazing!! :thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup1::lol::thumbup1::lol::thumbup::lol::lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup1::lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup1::lol::lol::thumbup1::thumbup::blink::tongue_sm:lol::w00t::thumbup1::thumbup::biggrin1:

Congrats on that wonderful electric shaver you have now found and are using. Now, would you be a nice B&B'er and PIF (please) some of your gear to me? I mean I only have a Tweezerman brush after all....and that is no April fools, that is the truth. :) I hope you enjoy that new electric. :) I will be waiting for that PM when you mention to me how you are going to PIF a brush or two. :)

I will not be mean like these other "gentlemen" but I will simply say congrats on finding your ultimate shave Jim. I have learned a lot from your posts and if you ever need to get rid of any soaps or gear, let me know. :tongue_sm:tongue_sm:tongue_sm

Top Bottom