What's new

Zorrik Blade First Impression

Used in a Gillette Black Beauty on level 5, had a 4 day growth and did a 2 pass shave.
I found this to be a very mild blade almost like an Astra green. No nick or razor burn.

If you like mild blades this is one i would recommend.
ZORRIK.jpg

Both the Zorrik Super Stainless and the Platinum I find to be very good blades. I just wonder if these are actually a Super-Max blade by another name.

I've been using these for the last several months off and on — I have one in use right now actually — and do like them quite a bit. I thought they might be made by the same company as Super-Max as well, as the address and customer service information looked the same, if I'm remembering off the top of my head correctly.

I agree completely with your impressions of them.

Compared to Super-Max branded blades, I've liked them more than some and less than others. They've been very good blades for me, pleasant to use and I'd happily use them again. No irritation, very nice. The biggest difference for me compared to the other Super-Max blades has mostly been that they seem to dull faster. Whether that's just a batch thing or perceptual trick I have no idea but that's my impression so far.

I'll see how many shaves i can get from this blade, the best blade i have ever used has been Feather i was able to get 16 shaves before it nicked me

I've never tried this Zorrik blade but if they are supermax productions will they continue to be produced?
I heard that supermax closed its factories in India

I've been using these for the last several months off and on — I have one in use right now actually — and do like them quite a bit. I thought they might be made by the same company as Super-Max as well, as the address and customer service information looked the same, if I'm remembering off the top of my head correctly.

I agree completely with your impressions of them.

Compared to Super-Max branded blades, I've liked them more than some and less than others. They've been very good blades for me, pleasant to use and I'd happily use them again. No irritation, very nice. The biggest difference for me compared to the other Super-Max blades has mostly been that they seem to dull faster. Whether that's just a batch thing or perceptual trick I have no idea but that's my impression so far.
Both SuperMax and Zorrik were manufactured by Vidyut.

@geneaut Have Vidyut completely shut down or moved part of their production to Bangladesh or another South East Asian country?
Maybe I had read something similar in this forum

@geneaut Have Vidyut completely shut down or moved part of their production to Bangladesh or another South East Asian country?
Maybe I had read something similar in this forum
My shaving friends in India seem to think they've closed shop, but I myself don't know anything specific. They say you can't find any SuperMax products on the store shelves in India.

My shaving friends in India seem to think they've closed shop, but I myself don't know anything specific. They say you can't find any SuperMax products on the store shelves in India.

This was the only article I could find about it. No idea if things have changed since publication.

Thanks for the information, I will place an order for Zorrik blades which I would like to try, hoping that they will still be available for a long time.

Top Bottom