What's new

You've heard it: favorite budget face latherer

Omega 40033 if you like backbone. It is a face lathering monster and only 7 bucks!

The 40033 is The Heavyweight Backbone Champion of the World. A guy could dislocate his jaw trying to splay that thing. I bought one and re-handled it and have been working it almost daily for over a month and it's not giving an inch. I figure if I stick with it I'll have one hell of a brush sometime around Thanksgiving - something to be thankful for.

A sweet little gem is the Omega 13522. It's a nice, short lofted boar with more backbone than you'd expect. And for the low low price of $7.50. I retreat to it when I need a break from beating myself up with the 40033.

-Kesto

I went out of my way to lather the 40033 every other day for a month with vigorous towel drying. This is the only way I could get it to break in. Now it is fantastic!

I have 2 favorites. Omega 10048 and the 10098 they are really large and fantastic for face lathering. I had kind of pushed them to the back when I got my Simpsons but lately have been using them exclusively. It is amazing how much lather you can build on your face with either one.

Thanks for the advice so far everybody. Learning towards the Semogue 620 right now as a dedicated face latherer, or the Simpson Special in best for an all arounder. Or the 10066, only because I've never owned an Omega. I'm restraining (I think) until June but we'll see. Something like the 620, it's 20 some odd dollars....that's just a couple of sandwiches...

How can I praise Omega 11047 enough?
A small guy but hold much lather, not too stiff, enough backbone, low price.
You can never go wrong with it.

Last edited:
I really like the semogue 2000 even though it is huge,but it does build a great face lather. Also, the Omega 10019 boar works well as a face lather brush. It's only about 9 bucks on Amazon.

Thanks for the advice so far everybody. Learning towards the Semogue 620 right now as a dedicated face latherer, or the Simpson Special in best for an all arounder. Or the 10066, only because I've never owned an Omega. I'm restraining (I think) until June but we'll see. Something like the 620, it's 20 some odd dollars....that's just a couple of sandwiches...

The 620 is a great brush. I prefer my 2000, but you cannot got wrong with a 620.

I'll chime in again on behalf of the Semogue 620.
I also have a nice moderately-priced badger, Simpsons Berkeley 46 in Best.

I want to look at the Omega 40033 now!

The 40033 is The Heavyweight Backbone Champion of the World. A guy could dislocate his jaw trying to splay that thing. I bought one and re-handled it and have been working it almost daily for over a month and it's not giving an inch.
I went out of my way to lather the 40033 every other day for a month with vigorous towel drying. This is the only way I could get it to break in. Now it is fantastic!
Although I don't have an exact count, I've got about 40-45 shaves on my 40033 and it's still stiff enough to support my car when I change the tires.

Some guys say an Omega 10049 isn't a face-lathering brush. I do it and it works for me. A TGN silvertip or finest is a good choice too.

Top Bottom