What's new

Your experience on BS&T

100% positive in my limited buying experiece here. Good guys, good descriptions and nice back and forth followup.

I've had nothing but good luck with all transactions here so far. I had one negative transaction on another board (I believe they are a member here as well) but the issue did get resolved.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Better than the bay for sure, I have had one negative experience but that was resolved.

All my transactions have been outstanding!

i just realized that i've gone through 34 bubble pack envelopes... and those are just packages that ive sent out!

I wish more of you guys shipped outside CONUS... You just have to fill out an extra (simple) label and us international folks are willing to pay the difference in shipping.
Well, we get some odd looks when we put "Somewhere Limecat's not pleased about" on the customs form. :biggrin:

I have had universally good transactions on the BST. There was one that did not meet my expectations/description 100%, but other than that it has been great.

I am concerned with what I perceive as an upward creep in prices on vintage Gillettes on the BST, but most sellers seem to have pretty fair prices.

Last edited:
I have had nothing but great experiences on the BST. I have bought and sold and have always tried to be fair when selling and I always try to throw extra stuff in, my only down fall is that I've never shipped outside the the US and Canada but I'm going to work on that.

ive made a bunch of purchases (and sales) on the BST

I was burnt ONCE, but that didnt stop me continuing.

So long as the person has been around for a wee while and are contributing then you're safe as far as im concerned.

I've bought more than i've sold...i've traded and given away...every deal I've had has been excellent...I received exactly what I expected and sometimes a little more with every purchase I've made on the BST...I definitely check it first before I look anywhere else for anything...I've never had any problems with any products...the only problem I can think of is that last week I was sick and did not get my money order in the mail when I told the seller I would...but I gave him the courtesy of a PM apologizing for my delay and he was very gentlemanly about it...

I have purchased items or traded items from the following members with no problem at all...

alex2363
ssilcox
maher
books
johncrissman

these are not all that i've done business with, just ones I still have PMs in my inbox from...but just in an effort to submit some 'feedback' in this thread I figured it fitting to name them individually...

Have only bought 3 things of B/S/T

Fatboy from CTakim - being newer at the time and as my first ( substantial ) BST transaction I treated this a bit like an Ebay auction .
Knew the nick from reading the posts, so knew he wasn't a fly by nighter....... Looked at the pictures and the other things he had sold before. Sent him an email. Really easy transaction especially given it's from USA to Australia. Had me razor within the week. Didn't have to worry if it was brassed or wouldn't open properly or dented or........... Would not hesitate buying from again.

Razor stand from SSilcox - outstanding value and service (in fact I've just order my second ( bigger ) stand )

Puck of MWF from Nav a fellow Australian. Not problems whatsoever.

That being said there's always gonna be a couple of "bad apples" that ruin it for everyone

I think to me the advantage of B/S/T is:
1. You know a lot of the names that sell things here, they're not just some random person off Ebay
2. You can be pretty sure of the description of the goods as I don't think the regulars here want their names "sullied" by mis describing their wares.
3. You know you'll for a reasonable market price. Often you'll see followup posts on a B/S/T saying good price or even too expensive.

The only issue I see is that peoples "standards" differ. Even though the B/S/T has grading guidelines what some people see as not an issue may be an issue to others. YMMV

I would hope that if anyone has an issue they'd try and sort out with the member before publicly airing their laundry ( I know that's how I'd like to do things if I sold something that didn't meet the buyers "standard" )

I'd rather buy off B/S/T for something I really want than take the risk on condition/price from Ebay.

This is definitely a Gentlemen's Club here, not like other forums I frequent.

I've had so many people answer my stupid newbie questions without making me feel stupid and I've had so many people offer to PIF me stuff based on some off hand comment I made.

( That being said I'm not adverse to putting a silly snipe in on something on Ebay )

Last edited:
I've bought and sold a bunch of items here with mostly great results.

Did get a Merkur 1904 advertised as brand new and unused when it arrived it had some soap scum and bits of beard residue on it - plus it was packed really badly.

So there are a few weasels on here.

A rating system may be a good idea....

I didn't come to B&B to buy anything. It was to learn about wet shaving and str8 razor shaving. After my first or second post a member PIF me a razor and gave me great advice and on top of it paid all shipping. None of it public, all in PM. I have bought stuff off B/S/T and have been very pleased. I try to make sure I leave feedback on the threads that I have bought from so others can see publically. A recent member has e-mailed me and phoned me to make sure everything is good. More than one member has mailed the item before the paypal was complete.
Are there weasles here...probably, but in the company of such great people they should stand out like sore thumbs and be ashamed. B&B is one of the classier forums that can be found IMHO.

Anything I have bought has gone smoothly. I have not sold many items but tried to give honest descriptions, ship quickly and so far have not had anyone tell me what they received was not satisfactory. I did have two buyers who committed to an item only to never be heard from again. In the unlikely event they ever again try to buy something I have for sale, I will not deal with them.

I've had two transactions here:

1) Paid for a SS on 5/26 and have yet to receive it. The member has not been active since he sent me the PM saying he's shipping it on the 27th. I've responded to him via PM, email and in the original thread. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's lost and transit. I'd like the tracking info in order to open a claim. If I don't get a response soon I'll be forced to work through paypal to get a refund.

2) Bought a blue tip last week. Razor was described perfectly and the transaction went smoothly.

I've done thousands of dollars worth of business on the internet selling and buying car parts. Quite frankly, I'm a little taken back that I'm having such mixed results over items that combined didn't total $40 in transactions.

YMMV,

Steve.

I have to say - this forum is full of GREAT guys - I have purchased all but one of my razors here, and have had dozens of positive experiences!

-I have had only 1 negative experience here, I had purchased a razor - he never delivered, many PMs were sent, he promised a new razor, it never came...- and over the span of a couple months when he would post something for sale, I would see others jump in the thread asking where their stuff was... it was members were looking out for other members!
I myself never added to the threads, but none-the-less I think the guy was ran off, as he hasn't been active on the forums since 12-28-2008

I continue to buy here, and I would trust these guys better than the 'bay, and I have gotten plenty of extras from the great guys here!

B/S/T is my favorite forum on here, even if Im not buying, I get to see sweet shaving stuff that sometimes I didn't know existed!

Last edited:
So far so good. I've sold, purchased, and PIF'd many times with no problems.

Darn! I probably just jinxed myself.

I've never received a PIF so I can't comment there but everything else has been fine.

I have never been disappointed. I bought 13 (?) razors on the BST (6 from Erwin) and 2 brushes. I also bought a few assorted soaps and creams.

I thought all of the prices were reasonable.

If something is out of my price range, I pass on it.

Top Bottom