What's new

Yaqi AC Romulus 316L versus Shield AC Avenger 316L

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a razor with an Artist Club head, and after reading some threads, I've found two different Chinese manufacturers, Yaqi and Shield. How are those two AC razors comparable? And do you favour one or the other?

If you know other AC razors of similar quality or better, I would like to hear also about that.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Yaqi_AC.jpeg
    Yaqi_AC.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 48
  • Shield_AC.jpeg
    Shield_AC.jpeg
    825.3 KB · Views: 48
Hi there! I don’t have currently have any AC razor, but I ordered a Yaqi Remus that’s on it’s way.

Based only on the reviews I read, Yaqi Romulus/Remus is the mildest of all AC razors that exists on the market. There’s no review on Shield AC razor, at least no comparative review with others of it’s kind. But with those blade gap and exposure it should be on the mid-aggressive/aggressive side.

The built quality of both seems to be on the high end.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm seeing the Romulus pop up in SOTD photos... and am wondering how it compares to the AC razors I already have and love. I would love to see this thread get more active.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I'm seeing the Romulus pop up in SOTD photos... and am wondering how it compares to the AC razors I already have and love. I would love to see this thread get more active.
There are separate threads about the Romulus and the Avenger, both contain quite some info and I haven't seen you yet in either thread, but might be mistaken. Take a look there, the threads are still on the first page.

The Romulus is very good, a milder version of the Vector. This naturally made me interested in the Vector...^^

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
There are separate threads about the Romulus and the Avenger, both contain quite some info and I haven't seen you yet in either thread, but might be mistaken. Take a look there, the threads are still on the first page.

The Romulus is very good, a milder version of the Vector. This naturally made me interested in the Vector...^^
I'll take a look for the Romulus thread... I missed it, obviously.

Top Bottom