What's new

Xikar

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Many fancy over priced accessory are just pretty, and work for elcrapo

I don't know. I am still of the belief that you generally get what you pay for. Paying $20 for a butane lighter in 2023 and expecting it to last for more than a couple years is expecting the exception to the rule. We had bad butane lighters in the 70s and 80s, too. Xikar strove to exceed the rule for a while, and somewhat did so.

A pair of Davidoff cigar scissors costs quite a bit, but is something you can reasonably expect to pass off to your kids. Same with some butane lighters once you break $125-150. I've got some IM Coronas around here going into their third decade of service.

There is only one institutional exception to the rule for smokers, and it is because the tooling and technology has not been altered in a very long time, and remains essentially long perfected. And that is the Zippo fluid lighter at under $30. That one can last a lifetime.

Remember years ago when Xikar was still under old owner.

Guy sent in Xi Series Cutter he admitted fell out of pocket in to Barbeque, as if it was repairable.

Xikar replaced it, post photo of torched lighter on social media. Saying Replace under life time warranty.

Great advertising, old company was great.👍

This thread saddens me. My older Xikars are still cutting great, but knowing they can’t be replaced is disappointing. As for lighters, I did pick one up a few years ago and it’s still working 🤞

I am now the proud owner of 22 Jetline triple flame lighters. I figure that is a lifetime stash. Still have 6 Xikar lighters along with a bunch of gifted lighters that are really poor performers.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
8.99 Vertigo for the win. When it dies, if it dies, I’ll just get another. My last one lasted several years till I lost it on the golf course.
image.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I should add that on my beater pipes when working out doors I use a torch since a soft flame gets blown out.

Top Bottom