What's new

Xikar

Xikar is. not Xikar that was good company until Kurt should to Quality Importers, let say the company has going 180 degrees in wrong direction. You both it, you got it, problem is yours. IMHO QI has done one thing well with XIKAR, KILLED companies good reputation.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Xikar lighter don’t work as well as inexpensive paleo or jetline lighters now. Xikar lighter break quickly. I have Jetline lighters that are five years old working like new for a quarter the price. So yes, I’ve noticed it. Fortunately all of my xikar cutters are still sharp. I’d hate to send them in for sharpening only to have them disappear into the black hole. Ugh.

Xikar lighter don’t work as well as inexpensive paleo or jetline lighters now. Xikar lighter break quickly. I have Jetline lighters that are five years old working like new for a quarter the price. So yes, I’ve noticed it. Fortunately all of my xikar cutters are still sharp. I’d hate to send them in for sharpening only to have them disappear into the black hole. Ugh.

Know local Jetliner Rep, he said if people did not looses lighter, his company would begone. They Jetliner does continue to do New offering, and stand behind their product.

The best lighters I have are ST DuPont maxi jet. Light the first time, everytime. Funny thing is I don’t need any of them anymore. I almost always use spills now. Way better experience.

IMG_4954.jpeg

Remember when Quality Importer bought Xikar, guy I knew was their Tech Person who was on phone with customers, representatives, etc. Good guy KD. I asked him if there were to be any changes, he said no we are staying put in KC, and my job is secure. Truth was with in 6 month he was unemployed, everything moved to Florida, QI screw upline, did not horn warranty, and made stuff cheaper.

I sent a single flame lighter into them and they returned it in the same condition. Non functional. I told them so and they said send it again and we will replace it. I hope they do but now kind of doubt it.

I heard Jetline was the lighter ( on another forum not this one) to buy these days a few months ago, and ordered today. The New York 3 flame version 4 pack. I can live with throwing a lighter away after a years use. I relight a cigar maybe 20 times holding the cigar next to the lighter for 10+ seconds without drawing on it, and smoke around 2 a day, so I am going to trash a lighter quick.

I have 6 working Xikar lighters now and likely that is going to be the last of them. Toss them when they fail and use Jetline instead. Xikar appears to be circling the drain now as that warranty thing was a major reason I bought their lighters and assume many others bought from them for that reason.

I did send them a lighter maybe a year ago? and they sent it back in working condition. We will see but as I said, I am ok to replace a lighter after a year if it costs $25. Disposable world is now.

So Xikar called me yesterday and I thought it was spam, why would a company call me over a lighter? I found them in my emails and replied. They are sending me a replacement lighter, the Stratosphere model as the Tech I had is no longer made.

I am very happy on this but do not intend to buy more Xikar as I do not like going thru the warranty process and really I wear out lighters too much. I relight multiple cigars many times and slow roast the cigar to light it. I am ok with throwing it out after a year. It seems the Jetline has the better build reputation right now.

I am putting together a collection of Jetline lighters now.

So Xikar called me yesterday and I thought it was spam, why would a company call me over a lighter? I found them in my emails and replied. They are sending me a replacement lighter, the Stratosphere model as the Tech I had is no longer made.

I am very happy on this but do not intend to buy more Xikar as I do not like going thru the warranty process and really I wear out lighters too much. I relight multiple cigars many times and slow roast the cigar to light it. I am ok with throwing it out after a year. It seems the Jetline has the better build reputation right now.

I am putting together a collection of Jetline lighters now.

Jetline lighters work, they are my favorite torches.

If you like a Single Torch the JETMASTER rocks.

Should be in stock soon.

So the replacement lighter arrived and does not work. I may or may not send Xikar an email about this. I am done with them and their warranty and any new lighters from them.

I now have 16 Super Torch triple flame lighters from Jetline. They were 15 bucks for 2 and the other 14 were under 13. So they get tossed with no regrets when the time comes.

I gave up on my Xicar cutters. Palio is my first choice. My Xicar resource pipe lighter are now also in a bin somewhere.

I honestly think if you want Straight cutter there is nothing BETTER THAN CUBAN CRAFTER PERFECT CUTTER.

Xikar iscno longer the great company from Kansas City, it is & was bought by Quality Importers, know for the only quality they produce is the WORD QUAILTY in their Name. Should becalm Junk Ship, like the products they make in Asia.

Love it, I have been carrying this banner for years and it’s nice to find my people finally lol. Ken was my guy at the old Xikar, tremendously intelligent and helpful CS and I purchased thousands of dollars of his recommendations. QI absolutely trashed the quality and the brand. I’m now 3 months ghosted by them since I received my last of several RMA’s and shipped this last defective item.

I’ll never have another Xikar item in my cart.

On a more positive note, happy Saturday y’all!

Last edited:
I’m just glad all my cutters are pre sell out. I also have Palio. Made here in Texas I believe. Correction. QI now owns Palio. Glad I have an original.
oh no! I think my Xicar predate QI but that Palio just cuts and cuts and cuts. My Xicar V cut, just mangles caps. I found an unclaimed Xicar double blade straight cut in the lost and found at work. It has Brickhouse Cigar s tuff on it. I haven't used it yet. I just always reach for the Palio.

That said, the Palio have a fairly easy design. I feel it would be hard to mess with the metals.

I have some scissor cutters/Cigarism is the brand, that I like best and loads of gifted Oliva guillotine types that work well. I sometimes just use my thumbnail to open a cigar. The PerfecDraw for poking a hole thru the cigar gets used a lot.

Yeah, Xikar is gonna kill itself. I am guessing they use up the reputation built before them and try to get as much profit during the few years they will still be viable, then shut the company down.

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Yeah, Xikar is gonna kill itself.

Many brand reputations are inevitably killed by bean counters. I suspect that's what is happening here.

For a few beans less, they can get the 'same' lighters and cutters from a cheaper Chinese sweatshop. Why 'waste' money like the prior owners did. No matter if the things don't work in six months. That's another quarter to worry about later. Have to satisfy the investors now. Somehow, the brand reputation gets lost on their spreadsheet somewhere, or they are willing to liquidate it for fast numbers.

I never had that many Xikar items. The one twin jet lighter I picked up at an auction for $10-15, it lasted 10-15 years, and the new owners replaced it right after the buy-out with one that seems to be working. And a couple ancient cutters that are still incredibly sharp and efficient today.

It's not that big a deal. We smoked cigars just fine long before Xikar was around. The original owners did a nice job and got a decent payday for it.

Well IMHO the Best Cigar Assessorsies are Lighter by Jetliner, Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter, Colebri "V" Cutter, Perfect Smokes Punch/Stand, RepairGlue, PerfecDraw tool.

Most are under $40.00 work like bunny from Everyready.

Many fancy over priced accessory are just pretty, and work for elcrapo

Top Bottom