What's new

WTG under a goatee?

The hair directly below my goatee grows in an E-W pattern. How in the world do I get at it for a WTG pass?

Attachments

• $whiskars.jpg
    $whiskars.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 55
Try shaving the area two times WTG, using each hand. Sometimes the position of each hand will be different, and lead to a closer shave. Its worth the shot. :thumbup1:

Mine also grows in a E-W pattern on my entire neck. I've tried to do a true WTG or ATG on my neck and did not have much success without potentially causing major damage. I find that if I go N-S on my first pass I don't have any problems even though it's truly XTG. I think if you have a decent lather and good technique you may not have any problems going N-S.

As I don't get any irritation going N-S or S-N, the challenge is getting BBS in those areas as it's difficult to go true ATG - I find guillotine/scything strokes help.

I know that some guys on here are able to go E-W with a straight razor, so they may give you tips on getting truly WTG but for me the angles and contortions weren't worth it.

Brent, that's what I'm experiencing. I've seen scything/guillotine strokes referenced before and can deduce a bit about them, but don't have any real reference for either.

Brent, that's what I'm experiencing. I've seen scything/guillotine strokes referenced before and can deduce a bit about them, but don't have any real reference for either.

I think there are pictures around here somewhere. Let me see if I can find them...

Definitely helpful, though I did instinctively put my hand to my face when reading the first description(!).

JUST TO TRIM AROUND MY GOATEE I USE shave secret oil and a disposable razor because you could put a little more pressure to get a closer shave works for me

Top Bottom