What's new

Wood scented splashes?

I love my Quercus cologne - I am wondering if there are any woody scented a/s splashes you would specifically recommend?

Although I have not tried it, Saint Charles Shave makes a splash called "Woods". Here is the description:

"The warm scent of mixed woods to calm razor burn, soothe and moisturize in a light non-greasy formula that dries quickly. (Recommended for normal to oily skin. Not recommended for Sensitive Skin)"

Exactly the one I was going to recommend!!! The L'Occitane CADE splash is among my very favorites (so is the SS).

Sorry - Cade is out. I've tried it and it smells nothing at all like a woody scent to me. I thopught I liked it until I wore it for a while, then it just got old fast.

There has to be SOMETHING else! :)

TOBS Shaving Shop is a very subtle scent to begin with, but it does have a nice woodsy scent with a touch of citrus. I really enjoy it, but wish it were just a touch stronger smelling. TOBS Mr Taylor is also pretty good, but probably more green and spicy herb than what you are looking for.

TOBS Shaving Shop is a very subtle scent to begin with, but it does have a nice woodsy scent with a touch of citrus. I really enjoy it, but wish it were just a touch stronger smelling. TOBS Mr Taylor is also pretty good, but probably more green and spicy herb than what you are looking for.

TOBS sounds interesting - I will check it out. Thank you!

Not a splash, Mike, but QED's Cedarwood balm certainly fits the bill scent-wise. Like standing in a cedar closet!

Ogallala bay rum and sandalwood is nice but very sweet smelling. It's a favorite of mine and I recently got a sample of Ogallala bay with ceder and sage that I think will replace it as a fall/winter splash. Witch Hazel based BTW.

Ogallala bay rum and sandalwood is nice but very sweet smelling. It's a favorite of mine and I recently got a sample of Ogallala bay with ceder and sage that I think will replace it as a fall/winter splash. Witch Hazel based BTW.

+1 for the Cedar and Sage!

Not an AS, but how about Comme des Garcon's Vettiveru? The earthiness of vetiver blended with cedar.

Also, Pino Silvestre's AS will give you a dose of coniferous forest alongside some warm herbs.

Top Bottom