What's new

Williams mug shaving soap vanishing from stores?

Funny thing about that. When I wanted some Williams recently, I remembered seeing it everywhere, especially CVS. I went to CVS, then Rite Aid, then 3 or 4 other stores before I finally found it at Price Chopper supermarket. Also:
There is also a supermarket near me called Market Basket that carries them for 99 cents.
When I saw this thread I was racking my brain trying to remember where I saw it for 99 cents just a few days ago. That was it. Thanks!

Market Basket also had Aqua Velva Ice for $3.79 instead of the $5 that Walmart charges.

I think most will agree with me when I say that any wet shaving supplies in general are more difficult to find in brick and mortar stores these days. Is it due to the internet? maybe. I also think that the amount of people who traditionally wet shave is much smaller than those who shave using mainstream stuff i.e., Gillette fusion mach whatever with the 37 blades in the head (OK I exaggerated that) and canned goo with all of its harsh chemicals and propellants. My local Pharmacy carries it but the last time I bought a box (for $0.99) the box was covered in dust..not a good sign. As a last resort, I can always get it on Amazon for the same price...wish it wasn't like this either.

Must have been timing. That's the first place I looked online and it wasn't that cheap.

I'm actually out looking for Williams right now. As far as grocery stores go:
Publix - No
Winn Dixie - No
Piggly Wiggly - Yes $0.94

Must have been timing. That's the first place I looked online and it wasn't that cheap./QUOTE]

drug supply store dot com

(I have no relationship to said establishment, and I don't want to run afoul of the rules by posting links to items for sale, but you should be able to find it there.)

Just as well, Williams doesn't work very well.

For you maybe. Once I figured out the secret, it's one of the best lathering soaps I have. I'd put my Williams lather up against anything.

I went to 3 CVS stores. Only one carried Williams. But at $1.77 I left it all there.

"Williams lather may disappear, but the soap will live forever. Because Williams will live forever, you will live forever."

My action figure told me that.

I noticed it was gone from my CVS a few weeks back, it was the only place I could find it locally. I may try some other nearby stores to see if I can find it cheap on the clearance shelf.
CVS being a national chain must have been a big outlet for them - so even if a few regional grocery stores carry it I wonder if Williams will survive the next few years?

Hmm...if Williams became available only over the internet, I'd probably stop buying it. It's useable shaving soap, but if I have to order it, I think I'd rather just order something that's better/easier to use. I buy it now because I can get it at the supermarket for 99¢. It's good soap, but it's not awesome soap.

I can still get it at HyVee and Sun Mart here in town. I think there's a Mom 'n Pop drug store that also still has it. Walgreen's hasn't had it for a while. I'll check CVS the next time I'm there.

Mom and Pop drug stores are great places to look. I've always seen it in any one I've been in, although a bit more expensive.

I'd have no problem ordering it online. It's amazing soap.

My bad. what I saw on the Bay was 10 for 8.50. Didn't see the 8.75 shipping. Nuts.

I just recently learned how to make great lather from the Williams. Soak the puck in your mug with the hot water to the rim, for several minutes. Pour the water out and start whipping up some great lather. I was amazed.

I'd put my Williams lather up against anything.

Anything, you say? $PICT0004.jpg

My bad. what I saw on the Bay was 10 for 8.50. Didn't see the 8.75 shipping. Nuts.

I just recently learned how to make great lather from the Williams. Soak the puck in your mug with the hot water to the rim, for several minutes. Pour the water out and start whipping up some great lather. I was amazed.

Yup, that's how it's done...makes Williams easier to lather than most other soaps.

Top Bottom