What's new

Why I don't like winter. Too cold.

I don't mind the cold, it's the heaps of snow were getting this winter that bugs me. I am fast running out of places were to push that white stuff.:sneaky2:

Living in California, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I just cannot imagine -34 degrees.

But I'll take snow over cold anyday. Makes for good skiing.

I'm starting to feel more sympathetic. It's 25 F here in NYC and I can't feel my face. This is only 7 under freezing and I intend to confine myself to my apartment for the remainder of the weekend. Horrible.

At least you can have a little fun when it gets that cold.........

[YOUTUBE]ZGjwe-BCfms[/YOUTUBE]

The wind chill DOES make a difference. I work on power lines and hate going up in the bucket during winter. It's always colder up in the air. Nowhere near that cold around here but still hate any cold.

Tonight and tomorrows forcast.
Extreme wind chills of minus 35c to minus 38c expected overnight and early Monday morning.

My walk tomorrow across the bridge on the river is going to be interesting. That's it I quit. Mother nature wins. Anyone in Hawaii want to adopt me?

Living in California, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I just cannot imagine -34 degrees.

But I'll take snow over cold anyday. Makes for good skiing.

Dear Canada,

Please keep your cold arse artic air up there. I don't like it.

Thank you.

I can pretty much state that I'm NEVER going back home to Montreal any time between November and March. I've got soft and weak over the years, no way I could hack that weather anymore.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
It was so cold out this morning that the cylinder on my storm door was frozen. The car barely started. Only the cat was crazy enough to want to go out and she did.
These are the days when I don't like winter.
To make you feel better, here is a snapshot of the current weather conditions. Yes, there is a wind. 8 km/hr is enough to make it cut right through you. *sigh*
Maxman:
Although I was born in Michigan (East Lansing), and during a blizzard...the cold weather up there we're you're at is 'way too cold and enough to freeze ones Cojones off'. :laugh:

Christopher
proxy.php

Its not as cold here today its about -8*C. It's acctually quite plesant outside now, too bad my stomach is bothering me today and my water is still off.

Jeez, now the Water-mane outside my building busted and apparently they are turning the water off.

I sympathize with you. Our water main broke on sunday and we had no water for several hours. The street was flooded right up into our driveway.
I think SWMBO snapped a pic.

I can handle the cold, i can handle the snow.
What i cant handle is the dryness.
Everything is so dry, my eyes are always red and itchy. My skin feels like sandpaper, and when i wake up in the morning my nose/sinuses/throat feel horrible because they are so dry.

I sympathize with you. Our water main broke on sunday and we had no water for several hours. The street was flooded right up into our driveway.
I think SWMBO snapped a pic.

I guess thats one of the joys of living in Northern Ontario, isnt it?

Top Bottom