What's new

who won this aristocrat?!

I was watching that one also but as copperhead said it looked like some plating loss. I just couldn't tell the condition very well from the picture.

I watched it as well, but I didn't bid. I too thought there might be some plate loss, and was concerned about the condition of the box since the seller didn't show it all. I've got a mint adjustable Aristocrat, I just need a case for it.

That makes sense. I did not look really closely, but now that I do, it does look like some plating loss. More pictures would have been nice.

I did much to my surprise ! I will post back when it arrives. I have a Progress which I like, I bought one for my father 35 years ago but it disappeared when he died. I wanted to try an Aristocrat adjustable. Any tips on setting, I use 4 on my Progress. Oddly enough my son gave me a Fatboy today so some interesting shaves to look forward to.
Iain

I did much to my surprise ! I will post back when it arrives. I have a Progress which I like, I bought one for my father 35 years ago but it disappeared when he died. I wanted to try an Aristocrat adjustable. Any tips on setting, I use 4 on my Progress. Oddly enough my son gave me a Fatboy today so some interesting shaves to look forward to.
Iain

Please do! And welcome to B&B, Iain.

Iain

Welcome to B&B and congrats on your score. The setting of 4 on a Progress would be more aggressive than on a Slim. So i think you might have to use a higher setting on the Gillette.

Thanks Copperhead for the info on setting the razor. I tried my fatboy that my son gave me yesterday on 4 and got a great shave with two passes. The date code on this razor is F2 is this 1960 ?
I am looking forward to the Aristocat coming. Perhaps my Progress will be taking the back seat.

Razor arrived today and is immaculate as is the box. I can,t wait to give it its first outing tomorrow morning.
Just shows you can still pick up bargains on the Bay.

Razor arrived today and is immaculate as is the box. I can,t wait to give it its first outing tomorrow morning.
Just shows you can still pick up bargains on the Bay.

Since its immaculate the $48 you paid for it would qualify as a steal and not a bargain. :biggrin: Congrats and enjoy.

Top Bottom