What's new

Who wants to try PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and Nuavia Rossa

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
So here is my morning blurb. Not the full on review, but just a little something to say how great this product is. The scent of the Nuàvia Rossa is much different than the Blu. It is spicier and more earthy than I expected. Upon initial whiff tests when I first opened the package I thought that I had determined what these smell like. How wrong was I. It isn't until you have it on your face and lathered up that you really get to know what these scents are about. I really can't decide which soap I like the best. I think they are equals when it comes to shaving, but it is hard to determine which scent I like best. Can I like them both the best?:001_huh:

Sure you can! I haven't yet smelled the Red but a friend of mine got some so I'm looking forward to the next time I stop by his home so I can give it a whiff.

I simply don't have anything to reuse them for except shaving soap and most soaps have their own containers as well that can be refilled to avoid being wasteful so I won't be reusing jars from PC for other soaps. When I think about this issue, I think of it pretty far down the line. I'm using my Nuavia more than any of my other soaps. I have been using it every other shave with my other soaps getting broken out between Nuavia shaves. I really enjoy it. If I keep using it as my primary soap for years to come then there's a chance I'll end up with a stack of jars I don't have any use for and I would just rather be able to refill the jar.

I'm with you on the refills as that's the ideal scenario. If that's not an option and I were to end up with multiple jars I could totally see one as a change jar and another on my desk at work. I could see the wife using them for candles or even putting them out with chip dips or salsa during gatherings. Marco told me he also uses them for spices. So the uses for the jars certainly aren't limited to shaving. I'd prefer just the refills going forward, but I don't think I'll have any problems finding a use for the jars I have now and maybe even a couple more.

I wouldn't think that using a ceramic jar that someone would want to reuse and repurpose would be wasteful at all. I know that when I'm through with the soaps that I'm definitely keeping the jars and I wouldn't mind having a few more around as well. In Rome you're more apt to see products in reusable containers as they haven't become so throw away happy like we are here in the US. In addition, from speaking with Marco I think he may be warming up slightly to the idea of refills. They'd have to be done properly and presented in a more upscale manner but it's at least a possability that it could happen. So if you buy one soap with the jar and keep refilling it then it sounds pretty environmentally responsible to me provided the refills happen.

I hope he ends up offering refills. From using it a few times, I am 100% sure that I will be wanting to keep this soap in my permanent rotation. For this reason, I think that I will end up with multiple jars. There are only so many uses I can come up with for one time of jar, so I'm worried about being able to find a way to repurpose each one I purchase. If he does offer a refill (crucially, one that fits perfectly and without gaps in the ceramic jar), I will be buying more Nuavia for years to come.

I hope he ends up offering refills. From using it a few times, I am 100% sure that I will be wanting to keep this soap in my permanent rotation. For this reason, I think that I will end up with multiple jars. There are only so many uses I can come up with for one time of jar, so I'm worried about being able to find a way to repurpose each one I purchase. If he does offer a refill (crucially, one that fits perfectly and without gaps in the ceramic jar), I will be buying more Nuavia for years to come.

The soap is fairly soft and can easily be pressed into the jars after the fact so as far as making it perfectly sized I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Just press it in and move it around with your thumb as needed and it'll fit perfectly. If any soap isn't soft enough, you can also use a kitchen grater to shread a hard soap and then press it into the container of your choice. I've done it many times and it works perfectly every time. This way you can always use the container of your choice for the soap of your choice.
Some suggest microwaving a soap to melt it but it's an unnecessary risk. Unless the manufacturer suggests it I don't recommend that method as depending on the soap you can ruin your microwave, ruin the soap completely or possibly diminish the scent.

The soap is fairly soft and can easily be pressed into the jars after the fact so as far as making it perfectly sized I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Just press it in and move it around with your thumb as needed and it'll fit perfectly. If any soap isn't soft enough, you can also use a kitchen grater to shread a hard soap and then press it into the container of your choice. I've done it many times and it works perfectly every time. This way you can always use the container of your choice for the soap of your choice.
Some suggest microwaving a soap to melt it but it's an unnecessary risk. Unless the manufacturer suggests it I don't recommend that method as depending on the soap you can ruin your microwave, ruin the soap completely or possibly diminish the scent.

I'll take your word for it :). I haven't attempted to test the resistance of the soap to pressure, but if it's soft enough for shaping I'm less concerned. All I know is that Nuavia is an amazing soap. Very glad I ended up ordering a bowl.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have to say that I agree with this talk about being able to buy the soap without the container. This soap is good enough that I would want to use it for the rest of my life. But it is so darned expensive. I am not sure I could justify reordering if I have to pay for another container which I already have, when Biotique Bio Palmyra is 95% as great and costs $10.

When I see other premium soaps like Czech & Speake, the price difference is huge between a puck vs. the puck and a container. The container adds a ton onto the price, and presumably, increases the margin substantially.

Why not just set the price of a puck so that it is worthwhile to sell it alone? You could make it so that you have to have ordered a previous container from the site to get the puck alone… that way, everyone would still have to buy the containers once. It would be double the profit from selling just the current offerings. I can guarantee you that more people will buy it. What am I going to do with 34 expensive empty containers?

Biotique is a shaving cream that has an apple scent. It gets great reviews and is an excellent value. You can usually find it on Amazon. Read the Amazon reviews as well. For me it's not as good as Nuavia but it's a really great shave cream at a excellent price.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Biotique Bio Palmyra? I have not heard of this. Tell me more, please.

Biotique is a shaving cream that has an apple scent. It gets great reviews and is an excellent value. You can usually find it on Amazon. Read the Amazon reviews as well. For me it's not as good as Nuavia but it's a really great shave cream at a excellent price.

Yes. It is imported from India, and the cream separates in travel. For a bit of hassle (having to mix it with a knife, and let set in the refrigerator, maybe a couple times) it provides incredible glide. It is almost scentless, and won't interfere with any aftershave. It is the single best shaving cream/soap I have ever used, aside from Nuavia. I have tried many, many products, and it comes out on top. Only Panna Crema Nuavia can beat it,

As far as creams go I do prefer Xpec to biotique but then again there's that very big price difference between the two. I also prefer the Nuavia soaps over both of the creams.

I think the Biotique is an excellent product at a great price and definitely worth ownig but for me it's just not on par with the Nuavia soaps in scent or performance. Then again either is Xpec which is the best cream I've tried.

If this were about finding the best value though it would be quite a bit different of a thread. I don't think we'd get too many takers here for an Arko passaround though.

+1.
Even though [as far as I know] the Boellis Panama 1924 round puck only comes with the bowl, at least it’s also sold individually in brick form.

You just gave me a brilliant idea! I will use my first empty Nuavia bowl for Boellis Panama 1924! The refill bars are significantly cheaper than the presentation bowl, and the presentation bowl for Nuavia looks very similar.

Thanks mate :).

You just gave me a brilliant idea! I will use my first empty Nuavia bowl for Boellis Panama 1924! The refill bars are significantly cheaper than the presentation bowl, and the presentation bowl for Nuavia looks very similar.

Thanks mate :).

How do you like the Boellis Panama 1924? It's one I haven't tried yet. I've held off on it because I just haven't read much about it being spectacular. That in addition to me having way too much soap to work through already. I'd like your opinion of it because I know you have a lot of high end soaps to compare it to.

How do you like the Boellis Panama 1924? It's one I haven't tried yet. I've held off on it because I just haven't read much about it being spectacular. That in addition to me having way too much soap to work through already. I'd like your opinion of it because I know you have a lot of high end soaps to compare it to.

I haven't tried or purchased it yet either. I have been very close to purchasing the bowl version a few times, but this option will save me a few bucks. I've heard from many people that it's an excellent soap however, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Okay guys, sorry for the delay. Had a pet emergency this week that has my wife and me a little worked up. Our chocolate dapple dachshund hurt his back and has limited use of his legs. So we had to send him to acupuncture...yes, I said acupuncture. Believe it or not we have already seen results.

Anyway, Well I used the Nuavia Rossa for the second time. Used the same razor but swapped out the Rapira Platinum Lux with a Voskhod. Got a milder shave but the Nuavia performed the same. I really am amazed at how much of everything it gives and that you really only need the soap itself and not a soap, aftershave, pre-shave, balm, etc, etc, etc. Now if Marco can make a cologne that goes with his soap I would be happy.

Sorry for no pictures. I will try to post some tomorrow before I pack them up so that you all know that the jars are all right. These will be sent to DaltonGang first thing in the morning and I will make sure I post the tracking number when I do.

All in all I really think this is not just a great soap but the best soap I have tried. Seriously Marco...you need to make a cologne to match these scents.

I was getting excited about this BP 1924, until I saw that it costs twice as much as even the newer high priced Nùavia!

Top Bottom