What's new

Who made this razor

This razor has no name on it. I bought the blade off ebay. Its an unbelievable shaver. Who made it?
proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recognize the mark, but that style of razor is very common among swedish makes, and they do tend to be superb shavers. The mark looks scandanavian as well, the first part of the mark looks a lot like a haglaz ("h"), and the second part looks like a berkanan ("b").

That would have been my guess as well. These are usually superb shavers and pretty cool looking. Every now and then a nice one shows up on ebay or one with multiple blades.

Lynn

Thanks guys. It was sold as a blade and a box and described as a Geneva. I new it wasn't but wanted to put scales on it. I cost me 8 bucks and 3 bucks for shipping. I can't stop using it.

joe

I respect Lynn's and Michael's opinions but actually I think it's more likely that it's a French frameback. Several different companies had those.

The major clue for me: french framebacks have the more rounded thicker frame; Swedes' frames are thinner and generally less rounded (more like a fold). This thing seems to have the thicker, seemingly more rounded frame - so there you go.

Hm, I can't exclude the possibility that they may have been made from Swedish steel / by Swedish makers and just branded as French. I have a couple of both Swedish (Helje and JE) and French (TI, other) and I need to compare them further...

Cheers
Ivo

I just picked up one very similar that was a Brit, I will get some pictures up when I finish it. Love the shape very cool

It's very much like a P. Vieilleribiere that I have - otherwise I'd say it's almost certainly a Jaques LeCoultre blade in someone elese's frame (you do see them from time to time).:c6:

It's very much like a P. Vieilleribiere that I have - otherwise I'd say it's almost certainly a Jaques LeCoultre blade in someone elese's frame (you do see them from time to time).:c6:

The thing is that all my JL blades are marked (1,2...7).

My TI blade is marked too, as well as another such French frameback. Not just an etch - deep stamps.

Swedish blades, on the other hand are just etched, if that.

Not sure that helped :biggrin:

Cheers
Ivo

Top Bottom