What's new

Who in your house/family is cooking thanksgiving dinner?

My mother in law is cooking. She wanted to do something different, so she's cooking homemade fried chicken, and stuffing and cranberry sauce. I'm not sure what else she's cookin', but I would like to make a nice baked macaroni and cheese to go w/ it all. does anyone have any good recipes for one? if so, would you mind private messaging it to me? pleeeaassseee?

I do most of the dinner. The kids (20's and 30's) bring appetizers and dessert. We have Thanksgiving on Wednesday night because they get pulled in many directions on Thanksgiving day with everyone's demands on when and where they have to go. We eat early, games and movies afterwards, and it's the best holiday time we have together. No one has to worry about presents or time conflicts or work or anything.

Turkey, stufffing, gravy, several different types of winter squash (my fave), potatoes, cranberries, and anything else that looks appealing at Whole Foods.

My wife does almost all the cooking. I help mash the potatoes and usually make the gravy.

She does stuffing in the bird and I LOVE IT!

I have a very small family and it is just my Mom and Dad.

Since my Dad and I travel and will be leaving the day after Thanksgiving this year, we are thinking of other plans. My Mom has always done the traditional meal and we eat the leftovers for at least a week after. This year we will not be around.

Thinking of either going out or picking up some food, or picking up some fresh clams and oysters for a pasta.

Fried turkey is the best. Juicy and it's done in like 20 minutes. We'll do overkill and do two birds because it's so easy.

Top Bottom