What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Well, thanks for that @FarmerTan.

My late Mother was a great resource of memory of those times. A different world. I wanted her to record all her memories at the Imperial War Museum on tape but she never wanted to. But I wrote down and remember a mass of info she told me over the years.

She said things got a lot worse after the massive drawdown of American forces here in 1945-6. The Americans had become friends to our family (we lived near a big U.S.A.A.F base called Bovingdon, just a jeep ride from Hendon where my family lived) and to the whole neighbourhood. It sounded like a complex, family relationship, from 42-45. The older men and officers would go and see my granddad and listen to the BBC Midnight news and talk serious stuff. Other neighbours would come in, and younger guys would be talking with my mum and her brother. It was a hang out place.

The American guys (and female W.A.A.F's) were incredibly generous with food and luxuries, cigarettes, etc. Mum remembered getting boxes of chocolates (Whitman's selection she called them) and the officers would give my Grandad whisky or whatever. The B-17's and 24's would all be flown from the States by way of Greenland to replace losses, and they were mostly loaded with luxuries. Mum only smoked Luckies and Chesterfields. Didn't like Camel. She didn't really like English cigarette for years after.
After the U.S personnel withdrew it became hard on everyone. No soap, MUM deodorant, stuff from the P.X. Everyone felt it.

I was brought up to always remember American generosity and kindness, and how much we owed you.
Very touching.

I know even less about straight razors than I do about safety razors @Iridian. It’s almost next to nothing.

With that disclaimer out of the way, the shape of the blade and the tortoise pattern on the scales I was thinking about Dovo. But they have Solingen etched on the blade and this one is clean. Could be done for the movie to take that away, but that’s too much hassle for one scene.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941), Robert Montgomery and Carole Lombard:

Attachments

• smith.gif
    smith.gif
    939.2 KB · Views: 6
Michael Fassbender in the recent Netflix flick "The Killer." Can't make out what he's using, but it looks painful.

Attachments

• shaving-the-killer.gif
    shaving-the-killer.gif
    982.8 KB · Views: 4
Ferris Bueller's Day Off...when Ferris uses the bathroom at the upscale restaurant there is a bottle of Lilac Vegetal on the counter.
I just watched that movie, and the grooming gear immediately caught my eye.
I noted a bottle of Faberge Brut aftershave, an aerosol can of Brut Deodorant, two bottles of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, a container of Pinaud Clubman Talc Powder, a bottle of Florida Water, and a bottle of Pierre Cardin EdT.

Top Bottom