What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I watched Against the Ice, a Netflix movie based on the real-life story of Ejnar Mikkelsen and Iver Iversen who explored Greenland in 1910. It's a pretty good movie, overall.

Anyway, I was pleased to see a shaving scene at the end...

Iver Iversen (played by Joe Cole) and Ejnar Mikkelsen (played by Nikolaj Walder-Costau) being lathered:
View attachment 1483049

All lathered up:
View attachment 1483050

Iversen being shaved:
View attachment 1483051

Mikkelsen being shaved:
View attachment 1483052

Both men clean-shaven and looking very dapper:
View attachment 1483053
LOL at being shaved in 1910 or thereabouts with a Kai folding AC shavette!!! Did they heat up their lunch in a microwave and post pics of their exploration on Instagram?

I’m glad this was sent to my reminders. Yesterday watching with my son, Peter Pan cartoon (1950’s), just under an hour left if anyone wants to look.
Smee shaves Captain Hook with a straight razor, but mishaps ensue.

I’m glad this was sent to my reminders. Yesterday watching with my son, Peter Pan cartoon (1950’s), just under an hour left if anyone wants to look.
Smee shaves Captain Hook with a straight razor, but mishaps ensue.
As I recall a seagull gets a close shave.

LOL at being shaved in 1910 or thereabouts with a Kai folding AC shavette!!! Did they heat up their lunch in a microwave and post pics of their exploration on Instagram?
Expanding on the theme, just for fun.

They actually posted the pics of themselves with the lather on their beards, right before the shave began, with this caption:

Haven't had a shave in a minute! #furface

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'll have to re-watch that, I don't believe I was even shaving yet the last time I saw it.
I was walking the dog out of the door when that scene came on. The Mrs. is a big Betty Davis fan. I didn’t get to watch the entire scene because the dog was ready to go.

Its a long shot , but I will try
One of my fave films ever is Withnail and I
I notice he is shaving (I) with what looks like a terrible lather , very thin lol and DE Razor

The movie is supposed to be set in 1969 In Camden( Not a million miles from where I grew up, which is probably why I love it so much) and it was released in 1987

Anyone know what razor he is using
Terrible technique BTW, Looks like he is going ATG with pass 1 lol, with multiple strokes over the same area

Here is the clip , its at 3.30 mins
NSFW language in this clip BTW

Its a long shot , but I will try
One of my fave films ever is Withnail and I
I notice he is shaving (I) with what looks like a terrible lather , very thin lol and DE Razor

The movie is supposed to be set in 1969 In Camden( Not a million miles from where I grew up, which is probably why I love it so much) and it was released in 1987

Anyone know what razor he is using
Terrible technique BTW, Looks like he is going ATG with pass 1 lol, with multiple strokes over the same area

Here is the clip , its at 3.30 mins
NSFW language in this clip BTW

The razor looks like a late 60's and 70's Gillette Tech with aluminium handle. Not sure if he had a blade in that razor or not, but if he did and his face is ok with what he's doing and he can manage to get a nice BBS without cuts, nicks, weepers irritation or whatever, then that's all that it matters.

The razor looks like a late 60's and 70's Gillette Tech with aluminium handle. Not sure if he had a blade in that razor or not, but if he did and his face is ok with what he's doing and he can manage to get a nice BBS without cuts, nicks, weepers irritation or whatever, then that's all that it matters.
Thanks for the reply !
I dont think it has a blade as a movie can have as many as 30-40 takes for a scene, of course your right about the technique, depending on the old YMMV, its possible he was a one pass shaver, against the grain only, especially if he shaved daily in his bathtub with no mirror. I recall doing the old one pass sometimes in my teens, albeit with a mach 3

I recently came across a new (to me) MGM cartoon short directed by Tex Avery called, The House of Tomorrow. About halfway through, there's a bit about a new "all-electric shaver" that "really gives you a clean shave." The cartoon then shows a robotic arm use a shave brush to apply shaving cream to a man's face before then using a golden DE razor to provide a shave that "takes everything off!"

I found the cartoon embedded in a reddit post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cartoons/comments/pzglyl
The shaving scene begins at about 3:47.

I recently came across a new (to me) MGM cartoon short directed by Tex Avery called, The House of Tomorrow. About halfway through, there's a bit about a new "all-electric shaver" that "really gives you a clean shave." The cartoon then shows a robotic arm use a shave brush to apply shaving cream to a man's face before then using a golden DE razor to provide a shave that "takes everything off!"

I found the cartoon embedded in a reddit post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cartoons/comments/pzglyl
The shaving scene begins at about 3:47.
I remember seeing one recently where there’s an “automatic electric” shaving system in the car. It features a mug, soap, brush and straight razor

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

The video is unavailable to me in Canada so I cant watch it but I'll hazard a guess its a fantastic technique although, not easily mastered.

It took me two full years to master that kind of shave and its easier with some razors than others but its certainly an achievable quest if one is so inclined, as I was.

Starting with this post in my journal, with a Fatip Grande OC and a fresh Feather blade, that quest began.

As I said earlier, I have hopes of achieving a "One Pass Wonder Shave" and I thought this blade might be up to it.

Every shave after that one was done the same way, buffing directly ATG first pass at 48 hours growth while testing 34 different blade types for the next two years and I dont even know how many razors, DE and SE, as well as soaps/creams.

Even at shave #20 with a Polsilver blade, it was, at that point, easily achievable to have a 12 hour BBS finish. That entire two year journey brought me to the pinnacle of my shaving journey.

I didnt record my last shave here, but it was Monday evening or night. I dont remember.

MMOC/PTFE for its 4th shave.

WK.

Maggard Synthetic.

~100 hours since last shave. I dont think it would matter if it was around 200 hours.

Single buffing pass ATG. One clean up. The MMOC is all business and this was business as usual.

Nice comfy BBS. What more could be asked for.

The BBS finish with the MMOC/PTFE can last nearly 19 hours.

I also counted the strokes on an ATG shave with a Gillette New SC at 140, and my Fatip Grande, 80. The MMOC however, 40 strokes. Blade stability and blade exposure can be great things but neither, even alone, is an easy aspect to learn to take advantage of.

From the season 3 premiere of Ted Lasso...

Ted (Jason Sudeikis) shaving with what appears to be a Gillette Mach 3:

Ted_Lasso_S3_E1_Mach3.jpg

Not particularly shaving scene but pretty intense in Final Destination.
It was when that razor intrigued (I'm from the family of Mach 3 users) and hooked me up into DE shaving. I was just 10-11 when it was released, so I had to wait 10 more years to fulfill my dream as I started as a Mach 3 user myself (surprise-surprise)

0F1F788D-427A-4153-80BB-08D53102CB16.jpeg

Top Bottom