What's new

Who bought it?

Someone unreliable told me it was @FarmerTan!
1710807131230.png

I didn't believe him.

I hope the buyer read the shipping cost. That always gets me.

I know one thing for sure, that would be a signature required delivery. Can you imagine if they delivered it to the wrong address?

Besides all that the buyer has to pay eBay sales tax. Also the seller loses about 15% to eBay as their fee. It's nasty.

...and I'm guessing insurance is a large part of the cost of shipping a razor at $2500-3500.

It's a pity that Gillette didn't produce these kinds of highly decorated set after their handle crack issues dissappeared.
I get the significance of this set and It truly is a one of a kind beautiful piece of art. However, I would have been hard pressed to buy something with a crack in the handle. That’s a lot of money in any condition. With that said, I can’t see anyone shaving with it. It had to be a serious collector who bought it.

I would not have bought that Razor as I am user, not collector of Grail Safe Queen Razors.

Maybe I am wrong but I tend to buy items, say like a Torch Lighters to use not worry about some one stealing from me.

Yes there are some beautiful Torch Lighers, but the price point on accomplish the same task. A heat source, plus in a pinch a match is a feat source.

Top Bottom