What's new

which omega brush is the new Proraso Professional Boar Hair Shaving Brush?

But the handle is very different from a Pro 48

Huh?

2Q==
Z

The poraso is the 10049. That brush has a 5mm shorter loft than the 10048. Both come in several handle colors: red, white, black, and chrome plated plastic. The poraso one is chrome plated plastic.

The Proraso version of the 49 has a lower loft than the standard 49.

Here is side by side image by dreaded_rust.
$2013-02-22182311_zpsec09b76d.jpg

Another comparison image. The one shown on the left is the current production Proraso Brush, note the black ring.
$proraso.jpg

Hallo :).
It´s so simple:
The 48 has a loft of 70 mm, the 49 65 mm and the Proraso-branded 60 mm.
The handles are equal - the Proraso and the 49 are without the "48" marking on the underside and the colour of the 49er ;) (the 83er is like a 49 with the shorter loft and the silver handle).

Greetings

Andreas

It´s so simple:
The handles are equal - the Proraso and the 49 are without the "48" marking on the underside and the colour of the 49er ;) (the 83er is like a 49 with the shorter loft and the silver handle).

Greetings

Andreas

> Wonderful explanation!

Go for them! I have five!

The Proraso version of the 49 has a lower loft than the standard 49.

Here is side by side image by dreaded_rust.
View attachment 550156

Another comparison image. The one shown on the left is the current production Proraso Brush, note the black ring.
View attachment 550158

It´s so simple:

Greetings

Andreas

Looking at the pics and Andreas' explanation, I definitely stand corrected on my initial answer. I was basing my answer off of handle style alone.

But I insist the handle is VERY different from the New Proraso Boar brush

Still not sure what you mean. Which handle? Can you include a picture of what handle you are referring to? Xillion's post above has a picture of a few that clearly shows the same handle (shape at least) for the various Omega styles we've been discussing.

Good morning :).
@ "jankdc": The dimensions on "Connaught" that says 60 mm for the "83"er loft is false ;) - I have all three (48, 83 (aks 49, but with the chrome handle) and the Proraso branded) brushes.
I can´t find the thread but I had posted pictures from them some time ago.

But: All of them are fantastic brushes that will perform in al conditions :) for a barging.

Greetings

Andreas

Have found a older pic from me (In a German forum) =>
$Omegas.jpg

In this pic it´s the 48 with the golden handle, in the middle the 83 and left the Proraso brush with the old silver ring at the knot. The lofts are visible ...

Greetings

Andreas

;)
Amazon has the wrong size of loft length, too. Proraso / Omega hadn´t change the dimensions of this brush, not the others.

Beside this:
When the radio moderator says "The sun is shining the whole day ..." and out of my window I see only clouds over my city = ;).

Who will send a mail to "Proraso" and ask the question if they had changed the dimensions from this specific brush (When I have time the at the weekend I will do this)?

Another "Beside": This brush is a "Lather machine" all the time I use it - and this is mostly every day :).

Greetings

Andreas

Top Bottom