What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

I've been reading this thread with great interest. Seems you guys are getting great shaves from all sorts of disposable and cartridge razors.

I don't want to derail this thread but was wondering what makes you choose these types of razors over more 'traditional' options like a DE or straight razor?

(ps I found an unopened 5-packnof Gillette Blue II disposables in my travel bag that I will try in honour of this thread 🙂)

In honour of this thread. Gillette Blue II Plus Slalom (1).

IMG_20240210_135531516.jpg

Razor: 1990 Gillette Atra metal handle
Blade: Schick Super II Ultrex(1)
Soap: Arko shave stick
Aftershave: Osage Rub

I decided to buy some NOS Ultrex blades and I’m glad that I did. This setup gave me a wonderful shave. I love my safety razors, but I’ve been on a vintage cartridge razor kick, as of late.

Man 2 blade disposable from Aldi (Aldi Nord), those green ones, i guess about the 20th shave. These work very well, but are very light. They cost about 1,49€ for 10 of them, really cheap but work very well.
Worth a try IMHO.

Attachments

• aldi man 2.png
    aldi man 2.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 7
Man 2 blade disposable from Aldi (Aldi Nord), those green ones, i guess about the 20th shave. These work very well, but are very light. They cost about 1,49€ for 10 of them, really cheap but work very well.
Worth a try IMHO.
Thanks for the post , will look for them next time I am in Aldi

Some of these budget cartridges really do give good shaves thesedays

The ones I got are called Raze 3 advance ( made in mexico it seems) , from Home Bargains
3 blade version is 4 pack for £1.49 I used one today and each razor wont dull till about the 7th shave .

My 3rd shave with it , with Blue Stratos shaving foam

Only a one pass shave , as I had a meeting and just wanted to go with the grain as I used to do as a teenager with my sensor excel ( But had no trouble doing ATG passes with this cartridge previously)

The result was a smooth , irritation free shave in less than 2 minutes !

The raze 2 range is even better value , made in Czech republic and a 2 blader , a 10 pack of those is like £1.29

Very glad to know that in a hobby where the cost of soaps, creams, de razors etc can really add up, that there is a viable low cost alternatives in the cartridge realm

Top Bottom