What's new

Where to buy in Washington, DC area

When you check out Rodmans also check out there fragrances. They have a wide variety, including Creed. In my last trip, I bouth the discontinured Eliabeth Arden for Men. My wife loves it on me. I also bought Nivia Milde Rasier Creme. I did know you could get it in the US. It is great stuff!

Dave

I'm not a fragrance guy, but...

Tschiffely Pharmacy (the location on Connecticut Ave, just above Dupont Circle,) has a smallish selection of traditional and higher-end colognes. They've also got a few, odd shaving brushes, hidden away, as well as a nice selection of quality grooming tools. If nothing else, it's a welcome antidote to CVS, and the they fill prescriptions in 15 minutes.

Also check out Blue Mercury in Georgetown and Dupont for body care. Finally, Mrs. Mysterion notes that Douglas Parfumerie (Conn Ave, east side, just below Dupont,) has an extensive selection of men's scent.

Last edited:
I stopped in at Rodman's this weekend. They had some cartridge razors and stands, some brushes, and a normal mix of blades for a drug store. But they had a lot of soaps, creams, and scents -- more than I've seen at any store in DC (although I haven't been looking that long).

Some of the soaps and creams (mostly ones that came with bowls) were in a locked case along with the brushes, so I couldn't find out what they smelled like. One soap was Spanish fig and nutmeg, and I really wanted to see what that smelled like. But I wasn't going to buy anything, so I didn't have them open the case. They had several soaps from Caswell and Massey and Nomad. There were also a couple of brands I didn't recognize, along with old stand-bys like Williams.

The also had the most Pinaud/Clubman stuff I've ever seen in one place. I saw at least Special Reserve, Lime Sec, and Bay Rum besides the regular stuff. I didn't see any Lilac Vegetal, but there was some empty space on the shelf like they needed to restock.

Looks like it's a good place to help feed the AD.

Sorry to necrothread, this is exactly the thread I was looking for!! Thanks for posting up! Gonna check out Rodmans next time I'm down in D.C. besides that gonna hit up Francis Scott Key and Lakeforest malls to check out some of the department store selections on soaps and aftershaves.

Thanks!

Sorry to necrothread, this is exactly the thread I was looking for!! Thanks for posting up! Gonna check out Rodmans next time I'm down in D.C. besides that gonna hit up Francis Scott Key and Lakeforest malls to check out some of the department store selections on soaps and aftershaves.

Thanks!

Montgomery Mall and Columbia Mall have a C&E.

Dave

Last edited:

Thanks!

I'd be interested to hear how you make out finding shaving gear and supplies during your travels. I drive past FSK everyday and I work in Gaithersburg just up Quince Orchard from Lake Forest. It's a lousy commute from northern Frederick county but it pays the bills.

Thanks!

Does anybody know if Omega Boar brushes are available in a brick & morter store in the Maryland area?

Thanks.

I'd be interested to hear how you make out finding shaving gear and supplies during your travels. I drive past FSK everyday and I work in Gaithersburg just up Quince Orchard from Lake Forest. It's a lousy commute from northern Frederick county but it pays the bills.
I've already canvassed Frederick, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Bethesda, Tyson's and northern DC. With the exception of Rodman's in DC and the AOS store in Tyson's, much of the area is barren of decent shaving goods or quality niche scents. Cstrother has already hit the highlights that I've been able to find.

I've already canvassed Frederick, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Bethesda, Tyson's and northern DC. With the exception of Rodman's in DC and the AOS store in Tyson's, much of the area is barren of decent shaving goods or quality niche scents. Cstrother has already hit the highlights that I've been able to find.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that.

I love your avatar by the way. I'm your huckleberry.

No, I'm *your* huckleberry! :biggrin: I used to have that as my signature, but it seemed out of place in the B&B forum, so I took it off.

It would fit right in on the shooting forums I go to. I think you should put it back on...you'll be a daisy if you do :biggrin:

The Italian Store in Lyon's Village (Rt 29: near the Courthouse/Clarendon area in Arlington) carries Proraso and brushes as well.

If you've never been to this place and you live within an hour's drive it's worth the trip. Not for the shaving gear, but for the best pizza and subs in the area. They have a good selection of Italian wines and sodas, and carry a bunch of great deli meats as well.

I guess I know what I'm doing for dinner.

The Italian Store in Lyon's Village (Rt 29: near the Courthouse/Clarendon area in Arlington) carries Proraso and brushes as well.

If you've never been to this place and you live within an hour's drive it's worth the trip. Not for the shaving gear, but for the best pizza and subs in the area. They have a good selection of Italian wines and sodas, and carry a bunch of great deli meats as well.

I love the Italian Store! Great pizza and a great place to pick up Italian groceries. I never thought to look for Proraso there.

The Grooming Lounge has plenty of creams, some soaps, DE razors (albeit high priced) and a few brushes. Definitely worth the trip to check them out. Both the downtown store and the Tysons store are fairly stocked.

Was just at the Grooming Lounge at Tyson's Mall about a week ago. A lot of creams, soaps, etc. to choose from - Trumpers, Truefitt & Hill, etc. While I didn't price much of the stuff while there, I did ask about the T&H creams: $19 a tube, $30 a tub - same as the prices I'm finding online. So, if you're local to one, considering tax and shipping would probably equate, it's be a bit quicker than ordering online for pretty much the same price.

Love this place, but I could not find the Prosaro or any shaving stuff. Where do they keep it in the store. How could I miss it!?

i haven't been on this site for a while . i knew to looks for this thread though. gonna check this spot out, Lyons

I should have updated this thread a while ago.

Blue Mercury in Bethesda and I think in Georgetown or somewhere else has a rather amazing selection of high end scents.

Rodman's is scaring me that their shaving selection seems to be dwindling. They did still have the low end Omega boar brushes though.

I have never found any shaving stuff at the Lyons Village Italian place. Great pizza though.

Top Bottom