What's new

Where In the World Am I?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Here's a spot just across from a mountain that was, unusually, named for a living American, popular with climbers. I reached it from a trail that was a backward reflection of one of John's nicknames ..

There's 3 hints

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
No guesses even, here's another hint: the Continental divide turns almost three fourths of a full circle here ..

Fantastic photos, Bob! I'm not sure where it is, but I've now got to add another US location to my list of places to photograph!

Another hint: not far from the Hudson River.

First picture is of the original gatehouse -- about two and a half crow-flying miles from previous pictures, so this was a pretty big estate at one time.

Second picture taken just a few hundred yards from gatehouse. It so happens I used to own a building lot right about there but ended up selling it before I ever got around to building on it.

Admittedly, this is a bit more obscure than, say, the Washington Monument, but anyone from within a few hundred miles should have recognized it right away. And this is not a remote area.

I will post a dead giveaway if no one gets it in a few hours.

OK, this is going nowhere!

Here is another clue that is a dead giveaway if you are good at on-line research. See how well you do!

If no one gets *** from this, I'll just post the answer.

Top Bottom