What's new

What’s your favourite men’s underarm deodorant?

Just picked up another 3 pack.

1694224308208.png

I have been using alum for about ten years now and I'll never go back to a sticky deodorant. For me it keeps odor away longer than any traditional deodorant ever did. I didn't actually mind smelling like Old Spice Pure Sport all those years ago but the stickiness and eventual breakdown of protection is not missed. I'd much rather smell like nothing and also feel like I've got nothing on under my arms. I also have the option of using aftershave/cologne that doesn't end up smelling like a blend of aftershave and deodorant.

Alum is not an antiperspirant so if you need that it won't help. It is also technically not a deodorant, it won't erase an odor that's already there, so you have to start clean. It just does a very good job of preventing odor in the first place. Isn't that so much better than trying to mask it after the fact?

Another old spice classic deodorant only very lightly
often don’t use anything as I do not really get/have BO :) so more just something I do as it brings back memories
also use the old spice cologne for the memory thing as OS reminds me of my youth and working on the dive boats :)

Good topic

I always had problem of finding a deodorant or anti-perspirant to suit me as I wanted one that had no scent.. I was big into collecting fragrances for years and I didn't want the deodorant clashing with my fragrances.

Scent aside, some are all sticky or white marks or uncomfortable.. so it can be difficult to find on you like.

I ended up finding one which was really good and also totally free of fragrance. It was actually a women's one. Well, it was marketed towards women.. but I figured well, your sex should really matter when it comes to anti-perspirant.

It was called Right Guard Total Defense 5 Unscented.

But unfortunately, I haven't seen it anywhere in ages.. I think it may even be discontinued as a Google search doesn't even show up much. A few lesser know stores seem to have it but maybe old stock.

It's strange why it's so difficult to find unscented deodorants. Like these companies force their smell on you!

I bought a few recently.. a Sure, a Mitchum and a L'Oreal.. all men's and all quite strongly perfumed.

Does anyone know of any decent unscented ones available in the UK?

I have tried tons but after a while I get itchy irritation. All antiperspirants are out. The deodorant that works hands-down-the-best and does not irritate is L'Occitane. Mild scent and it's great stuff. They make a stick which is my daily go-to and also a tin that's even milder and still works great that I use when I travel.

I’ve been using Crystal right from the shower, followed with an Old Spice aluminum free deodorant for at least the last 10 years. This combo keeps stink away all day, even during the hot Texas summers.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've been using Gillette Clinical Antiperspirant Deodorant for years. It often leaves white marks on my shirts if I don't pull them over very carefully....

I saw people were using Alum for deodorant and tried my LEA alum deodorant block and it worked well.... It isn't the most convenient so I ended up buying some of this: Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B969B4/

Thai Natural Crystal Deodorant.... it's just liquid alum....I could just use my LEA alum deodorant block, of course.... but the spray seems easier... and I keep the LEA for my face. Here in the States, BullGoose.. one of the vendors here, stocks LEA alum deodorant "sticks" at a very good price, in case you are looking for it here.

Lately Mitchum or Almay fragrance free (Almay isn't marketed to men but it's fragrance free so I don't care). I used to use Dry Idea roll-on but can't find it anymore. I wish I could find a truly fragrance-free antiperspirant that didn't use up so much plastic. It seems like we should be able to solve this problem in 2023.

I'm tempted by more natural options but I suspect they wouldn't work for me. I'm very open to it though.

Overall I feel like this market is one that's ready for lots of disruption.

I go back and forth between Geo F Trumper Sandlewood stick and Weleda Sage spray.
The former smells great and works well for me, outside of summertime. The latter works well all year ‘round.

Alum block. Hated it on my face but works fine on my pits. I even pulverized a small chunk to apply with a wet finger on cuts or weepers.

Top Bottom