What's new

What's up for Father's Day Meals?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm headed south to spend the weekend with my Dad. He's lives by himself in a little town called Beeville. I plan on making him a Saturday evening meal. It's going to be Fajita's made with skirt steak, home made salsa, jalapeno infused flour tortilla's, cilantro, guacamole and beans. The beans will be the recipe I'll use for a cook-off I'm going to in October.

What are your plans? Is someone making or taking you to dinner? What are you doing with your dad?

I'm going to my son's house for dinner. I have no idea what he and his wife are preparing but whatever it is will enjoy it with my wife, son, DIL, and grandkids!

Maybe I'll ask if anyone has planned something for us. I imagine it will be my wife and I, two of our five children (ages 24-35), maybe a future son-in-law, and our 19 month old grandson.

Hadn't thought about it until I read this. Leaning toward BBQ. Our #2 son does great ribs in the crock pot, and finishes them in the oven.

I'm headed south to spend the weekend with my Dad. He's lives by himself in a little town called Beeville. I plan on making him a Saturday evening meal. It's going to be Fajita's made with skirt steak, home made salsa, jalapeno infused flour tortilla's, cilantro, guacamole and beans. The beans will be the recipe I'll use for a cook-off I'm going to in October.

You're a good son, Aaron.

My Dad still lives in NH, so I'll send him a card and call him on Sunday. I'll be out of town Friday-Sunday, so nothing special for me.

Grillin something... no idea what... for lunch on the Weber we'll pick up Saturday.

For dinner... Chili Dog buffet in the company suite at the Barnum & Bailey Circus!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Grillin something... no idea what... for lunch on the Weber we'll pick up Saturday.

For dinner... Chili Dog buffet in the company suite at the Barnum & Bailey Circus!

Hey Jessy,

Hot dogs and Hamburgers would be a great start. That way you can get to know your grill better and how it works. Happy Fathers Day.

Last edited:
Hey Jessy,

Hot dogs and Hamburgers would be a great start. That way you can get to know your grill better and how it works. Happy Fathers Day.

That's kinda what I was thinkin'. I'm cooking some burgers on the gas grill tonight. My son (5 years old) REALLY wants to help. He calls the hamburger "sausage" because he loves sausage biscuits, but "doesn't like hamburgers." So this morning when trying to wake him up I told him if he woke up and got dressed quickly, he could help me grill the burgers tonight. He asked me, "Do I get to flip the sausage!?"

Will be taking Pops out for Mexican and a couple cold ones Saturday night, then a nice breakfast and head for home late morning/early afternoon on Sunday.

I'm cooking my dad dinner at my place. Wedge salad and french onion soup, then thinking of doing some short ribs on a bed of mash potatoes with some roasted asparagus. Maybe of a creme brulee for dessert if I dont get too lazy.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm cooking my dad dinner at my place. Wedge salad and french onion soup, then thinking of doing some short ribs on a bed of mash potatoes with some roasted asparagus. Maybe of a creme brulee for dessert if I dont get too lazy.

Whoa, you had me at short ribs.

These all sound grand.

I will have to step back from the kitchen, mix myself a drink, and let my family cook for me for once. Normally this is something I enjoy.

I would be delighted with anything they choose to cook for me. If asked, I'll suggest salmon burgers: a salmon poached in foil on the grill, served on a potato roll with lettuce, tomato, and a smidge of mayonnaise. Fresh salad and maybe corn on the cob.

Then we should probably all go out to see Jurassic World.

Top Bottom