What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Still the medium nib Parker ‘51’ Flighter filled with Waterman Serenity Blue.

IMG_1262.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
2017 Pelikan M200 Braun Marmoriert, vintage 14K gold F nib (400NN) + Seitz-Kreuznach chestnut brown ink

full

Solid writing setup, Doug.

If I had known years ago that a vintage Pelikan nib can be swapped with a modern one I had forgotten it until now. Is it the whole nib unit that can be replaced, or just the nib? I love the nib on my 400nn, and would love to get something similar on my (2016?) M200.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
They'll swap fine but some 400NN nib units used a cheesy clear styrene plastic collar. Those probably shouldn't be removed as they can be cracked.

Thanks. It doesn't look like I have the clear plastic collar on mine. Also, I plan to keep my 400nn intact, but I was thinking about trying to find a vintage replacement for my M200. The M200 is still a solid pen, and is perfectly acceptable as is, but I love vintage nibs with character.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For a while now, I have been sticking with the same three pens for home use. Two Parker IMs and a Baoer 388.

20240517_221702.jpg

The grey blue IM has just run dry, and as I have just been refilling it without cleaning for a few fills, I'm going to give it a good flush and put it back in the drawer.

20240517_221646.jpg

In its place, I'm bringing out the little blue Onto Tasche pocket pen, with a Diamine Recency Blue cartridge. I haven't used this pen for some time. The other two pens still have at least half a fill, Diamine Ochre in the Baoer, and Quink Black in the black IM.

As ever, I'll grab a ballpoint when I leave the house.

Top Bottom