What's new

What's in your pocket today?

I love this pen. That would be one of the few fountain pens I would consider adding to my collection.
Is this Version 1 or Version 2? What nib did you chose? What material is the barrel? How does it write? I have 1000 questions for you. :biggrin1:

Most important of all, more photos please of this absolute beauty of craftsmanship. :a14:

Thank you.

Fortunately I have a pen collector friend who has hundreds of pens and he told me about this one. Tried the Nakaya Dorsal Fin 1 in shobu with a 14kt two-tone fine nib and haven't been interested in purchasing another fountain pen since. They make a version 2 now and it looks just as nice, being made from layers of [gorgeous] urushi lacquer. I got mine from nibs.com and they'll have better pictures than mine.

My friend also saved me a lot of money when he showed me a Visconti Divina Proporzione. Haven't been interested in another roller ball since.

1710345305847.png

Wow, these are very nice pens here! 😍

May I introduce my companion for today?

The Pelikan M101 N Special Edition is a new edition of an early series from Pelikan, here with what I think is a very beautiful gray-blue trim. It looks even more attractive in nature, as the gray fades into a pearly silver with some depth effect in the sunlight.

IMG_9194 2.jpeg

The fountain pen is compact and handy when closed. Posted it grows into a full-size fountain pen. But the special thing about this fountain pen for me is the nib. It is my aunt's school nib from the 1960s. It is a wonderful OBB nib that conjures up fantastic line variations.

IMG_9206 2.jpeg

• Pen Body: Pelikan M101N grey-blue
  • Nib: Pelikan Vintage 14K OBB ~1965
  • Ink: Graf v. Faber-Castell Midnight Blue
  • Oxford Optic Paper
Have a great day everybody!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Pocket duty is a small ballpoint as always, and three fountain pens on desk duty. I'm currently trying mixing a few Diamine inks that I don't much care for, to see if anything pleasant or interesting happens.

The Baoer 388 had run dry of Diamine Ochre, and so I have mixed (50/50) Macassar and Sunset.

The grey blue Parker IM is brimmed with Misty Blue, and won't be running out anytime soon

The black Parker IM still has some Quink in, but when that's finished, I might try a mix of something else.

IMG_6374.jpeg

Sailor Professional Gear Realo Maroon - 21k medium nib; Kobe Ink - Hankyu Maroon on Gmund Deckled Edge Paper

The Sailor ProGear Realo is, as far as I know, one of only two mass produced Japanese piston filled pens; the other being the Pilot Custom Heritage 92. It features a very smooth 21k two-tone gold nib, here in M, with nice gold plated accents. An ink window lets you see the remaining ink level even when the pen is capped. Sailor has produced a limited edition Hankyu Electric Railway - Hankyu Maroon fountain pen, but as a collector's item that pen will cost between USD800- USD2,000 depending on the vendor. Whereas the Sailor ProGear Realo can be had for around USD400.

The Realo is paired with Kobe Ink Hankyu Maroon, a special edition ink made by Sailor exclusively for the Hankyu Department store in Osaka. Hankyu Department Store separated from the Hankyu Railway Company in 1947, but the Hankyu train service still runs from the main department store in Osaka. The color is representative of the Hankyu Express train, a limited service train, from Osaka to Kobe with the trains known for their maroon livery. The station depicted on the ink carton is the Osaka Hankyu Umeda station from which the Hankyu Express departs to Kobe. This is a lovely ink, matching superbly with the maroon Sailor Realo.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1
My 4-pack of Jihao X450's showed up yesterday. I don't need four, but it was a single pen for 8 bucks or four for $21 on the 'zon, so...backups!

Anyway, I inked one up with a cart and took it to my weekly HOA committee meeting, and had to put up with some "Mr. Fancy Pen" comments...it looks that good...and writes pretty great for a five-spot.

Screenshot_20240319_220303_Gallery.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My 4-pack of Jihao X450's showed up yesterday. I don't need four, but it was a single pen for 8 bucks or four for $21 on the 'zon, so...backups!

Anyway, I inked one up with a cart and took it to my weekly HOA committee meeting, and had to put up with some "Mr. Fancy Pen" comments...it looks that good...and writes pretty great for a five-spot.

View attachment 1815234

For the price, I think they're solid. Even if it's not for you, then you have a $5 international converter that you can use for other pens. Consider buying a few varieties of #6 replacement nibs if you feel like experimenting with different sizes. My x450 currently has a Noodler's Flex nib with Noodler's Kiawa Pecan in it.

Top Bottom