What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

I'm a minimalist, and I love my Lamy Al-Star. I'm trying to get myself in the habit of journaling so I can start in earnest in January.

That said, I've been eyeballing the Al-Star ballpoint, rollerball and mechanical pencil so I can have the set.

I am jonesing for a Pilot Capless (vanishing point), but there are some others, too. Too bad I'm not made out of money. Some of the pens I really want are on the larger size and when a pen gets larger, the price goes waaaaay up.

I am jonesing for a Pilot Capless (vanishing point), but there are some others, too. Too bad I'm not made out of money. Some of the pens I really want are on the larger size and when a pen gets larger, the price goes waaaaay up.
You can always try a Majohn A1 to see if you would like a vanishing point. I have one and it is quite good.

I just bought a TWSBI Diamond 580 Smoke Rose Gold II with a 1.1 stub nib. I can't get a camera to show how good looking this pen is. More importantly, it writes like someone's dream of the perfect fountain pen. It is on the wet side with Pilot Black.

Eversharp Skyline on it's way!
Screenshot_20231118_213546_eBay.png

Over the past year, I've purchased a few extra-fine extra-flex pens from Fountain Pen Revolution (Quickdraw, Jaipur v2, Triveni). I really enjoy them. Depending on one's need for cartridges or converters or just pure ink, I do recommend the experience. For the holidays, I will be buying pens from the site (with that EF extra flex) for family and friends.

Just ordered myself a FPR Himalaya V2 in Jade-smoke with ultra flex nib and since it was BOGO sale I got a second one in Ebonite Maroon with flex nib. These will be my first flex nibs and I am looking forward to try them out. Now the wait.......

I know it isn't exciting, but I think my next pen will be a TWSBI Eco Heat with a fine nib, only because I don't own an Eco. I like the way the TWSBIs that I have write.

I can't help it. I really like TWSBI pens. I like the styling and certainly like how they write. I did get the Eco and now I have a Diamond 580 White Rose Gold II on the way to complement my Smoke Rose Gold II.

I'm looking for a nice stub nib pen. I'm a real big fam of vintage flex pens and have a collection of old Waterman pens, mostly from the 1920s or so.
But I want to get that flex look automatically, such as what a stub delivers

I'm starting the new year off right. I have Pelikan M1000 coming on Saturday. I love fountain pens, but my 2 grail pens were the MB149 and the Pelikan M1000. There are other pens that I love, but some of them are way more than I could pay.

I'm starting the new year off right. I have Pelikan M1000 coming on Saturday. I love fountain pens, but my 2 grail pens were the MB149 and the Pelikan M1000. There are other pens that I love, but some of them are way more than I could pay.

M1000 showed up a day early. This pen is big (I like big pens). This pen does not disappoint.

Attachments

• 20240112_164751.jpg
    20240112_164751.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom