What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

I have a black Jinhao Century with gold trim on the way from China, as well as a Pilot Justus in medium fine headed my way from Japan. I have a pretty large collection of Japanese pens and never heard of the Justus until last week. It has a feature that allows the user to alter the flexibility of the nib by turning a ring around the base section of the pen which raises and lowers a shiv that sits atop the nib. I gotta check that out - think the fountain pen equivalent of a Fatboy! BTW, I joined the 2024 McGuyver GRUME no buy group for shaving stuff, so I will need to satisfy my buying instincts on fountain pens this year!!!

I already posted the desire to get an Aurora 88, but, I just won an auction for one. Last time I won one the seller backed out. Hopefully this time all goes smoothly.

aurora881.jpg

aurora882.jpg

I am waiting on a new metal barrel sapphire color Pilot Falcon in with a SF nib to arrive from Japan. I have three black resin Falcons in SEF, SF and SM, which are great pens, but I want to try the more weighty metal version. My favorite of the three that I own already is the SF. The softness is very comfortable to write with, has a reasonable amount of feedback and provides just a bit of line variation.

Y'all have some beautiful writing instruments. My job doesn't really allow for convenient the use of a fountain pen. I was using Zebra 701s modded to accommodate Fisher pressurized refils: cheap enough to not worry if it got lost. I like the writing feel with the Fisher. Some aspects of my job changed enough that I'm not outside everyday but in an office. I scored a Bastion aluminum in red loaded with a med point blue Fisher. Satisfies my fidget need, well built and more readily handles the Fisher where the Zebra's retraction mechanism was rather finicky and got hung up retracting/extending.

Top Bottom