What's new

What's Cooking 2016

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looking good, [MENTION=7510]Billski[/MENTION]. My first attempt at beef stew- decided to go with bottom round rather than the precut mystery stew meat. Missing from the picture is onion and Worsterchire sauce. I am doing it in the crock pot, so it will be a bit before the final results will be ready for pictures.
$image.jpg

Looking forward to pictures of the stew.
Wish I could post in this thread but most of the time the dinners I cook are protein, with a vegetable juice.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My first attempt at beef stew- decided to go with bottom round rather than the precut mystery stew meat.

I also prefer to know what cut of meat instead of the pre diced meat with no cat name. I like to use chuck for stews and cut it to the size myself.

I also prefer to know what cut of meat instead of the pre diced meat with no cat name. I like to use chuck for stews and cut it to the size myself.

I'm going to have to start doing this, the mystery cubes can be quite variable quality. And i don't mind the extra work involved in the prep. Looking at some time maybe in january...
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
V8 isn't sold over here. But in the evening me and the missus each have a juice made of beetroot, carrot, apple, and lemon. Protein is whatever we bought for the week. Today it was salmon. A few days ago it was rib eye.
That juice sounds good

I'm going to have to start doing this, the mystery cubes can be quite variable quality. And i don't mind the extra work involved in the prep. Looking at some time maybe in january...
dave
It took less than 5 minutes to cut out what little fat there was, then cube it up. I am going to assume the extra time will be worth it- bottom round is what I grab for chili.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Chicken curry.

Chicken Breasts - yep have em.
Onion - ditto
Bell peppers - yep
Curry paste - of course
Coconut milk - whoops, I used it all already
er can of mushroom soup - yep

Worked perfectly.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice save Mike, I probably would have reached for chicken stock in place of Coconut milk. The can of mushroom soup does sound a nice substitute.

Now I feel like a Thai Green Curry.

We had s few people in for psuedothanksgiving.

Started with a Squash/Brown Butter Soup with creme fraiche. Half the squash is oven roasted the other half sauteed with carrots, leeks, shallots, onions and garlic etc... Then the pot gets vegetable stock and the roasted squash, cooked to mingle the flavours then blended and allowed to mature for 24 hours.

Layers ofYukon Gold Potatoes/onions initially braised in beer then finished in whipping cream.

Roasted honey/orange glazed carrots with orange gremolata.

Brussels Sprouts sauteed in butter to brown then finished in whipping cream.

Couple small smoked hams.

Apple pie for dessert.

May get a picture of the soup as i've made it before but everyone built their own plate so no plating pictures to show. I got to eat a plate of hot food, novel.

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We had s few people in for psuedothanksgiving.

Started with a Squash/Brown Butter Soup with creme fraiche. Half the squash is oven roasted the other half sauteed with carrots, leeks, shallots, onions and garlic etc... Then the pot gets vegetable stock and the roasted squash, cooked to mingle the flavours then blended and allowed to mature for 24 hours.

Layers ofYukon Gold Potatoes/onions initially braised in beer then finished in whipping cream.

Roasted honey/orange glazed carrots with orange gremolata.

Brussels Sprouts sauteed in butter to brown then finished in whipping cream.

Couple small smoked hams.

Apple pie for dessert.

May get a picture of the soup as i've made it before but everyone built their own plate so no plating pictures to show. I got to eat a plate of hot food, novel.

dave

Happy Thanksgiving Dave. :001_smile

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Fantastic. The wife says I put too much Worstechire in, but I don't think so. It is very beefy and rich.

I normally go heavy on the Worcestershire sauce. It gives it a nice flavor.
Going by you making a stew, I assume it is starting to cool off in Texas?

Top Bottom