What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carnitas taco's, I stumbled across a recipe using a pressure cooker and I made a modified version tonight. The more I use my pressure cooker the more I like it.

Made some Mac&Cheese last night. Nothin fancy. Cheddar Cheese base, A little panko on top for some crunch

proxy.php

Missus is away in Europe on a business trip so a large Aussie grass fed rib eye, pan seared for 3 - 4 mins each side and out to rest. I had taken the steak out of the fridge about 40 mins before cooking and applied a liberal amount of Ile de Re fleur de sel and freshly cracked black pepper so it was perfect cooking temperature before I started.

Into the pan with some butter and finely chopped garlic and shallot. Sauted for a few mins then in with a splash of Cognac and flame on. When the flames had died down, in with some water to deglaze and add a little seasoning, bring to boil to thicken and in with a small bit more of cold butter to make the sauce glossy. Add back any juices from the steak that is now nicely rested. Steak on a plate, sauce on the steak next to a big pile of garlicky mashed pots. A bottle of Chilean Cab Sav / Merlot has been open for a while and ready to drink, and Super Rugby on the TV. Champion.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My camera ran out of juice so I have little evidence but . . . . Asparagus done in a bit of butter and garlic, spaghetti squash with Parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes halved and cooked with a bit of fresh oregano that I found growing in my garden . . . planted it years ago . . . and it was just there.

Ignored my usual obligations to heed Dunderbeck's call. 3 pounds breakfast sausage, 7 pounds Italian, and 7 pounds venison bay and garlic sausage. I think I need more meat and time...
$IMG_1023[1].jpg
$Dads photos 086.jpg
$Dads photos 087.jpg
$Dads photos 088.jpg

Tom

Attachments

• $IMG_1030[1].jpg
    $IMG_1030[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ah . . . now I understand better . . .

Yep the vacuum machine is great for sausage. I've not made my own sausage yet but with just my wife and I there always seems to be too much in packages so I buy a couple dozen and divide them up into packs we can manage.

Some love for the cast iron crowd out there.

Cornbread made with honey, bacon fat and smoked and fried crispy pork skin.
$DSCN0876.jpg

Fried Chicken soaked in buttermilk, hot spanish paprika, white pepper, thyme, oregano and sliced onion for 24 hours before dusting with flour and frying
$DSCN0881.jpg

Martinique style Chicken Curry. Coconut milk base, freshly ground my own Martinique style curry paste (PM for details if you need), Tamarind with eggplant, butternut squash and mangos

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Chicken, beef, and asparagus. There would have been potatoes but I fell asleep after working on the yard. Perfect Sunday.$May 13 2012 BBQ.jpg

Some good eats posted gents!

A family favorite for holidays, old school Deviled Eggs

Last edited by a moderator:
My bride brought home a very small cryo-vaced beef tenderloin, unforgivably, it had little to recommend for itself. After removing all the connective tissue and whatnot there was so little left that I thought I would roll it into a roast.

After a few days of "dry aging" in the refridge-

And after a reverse cook in the oven-

PDG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom