What's new

What Was Your Cream Today?

Today I tried out TOBS Eaton College shaving cream for the first time.

I made the jump to it after hearing a lot of good things about it, and I definitely don't regret it. I just used it for the first time today and my first impression is that it lathers up really well, and my razor glides great!

The smell was nice, maybe not my favorite, but definitely nothing to complain about.

A latherless cream made in one of the local barber shops (Sailor Bup's) here in Halifax, NS. I picked up the lime scent (they also had Bay Rum, and Mint). It's ingredients are Shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, pure aloe Vera juice, and vegetable glycerin. They suggested using it as a pre-shave, shave cream, and as a post-shave.

Im im still perfecting my technique, but ended up with more redness on my neck than with a lathered soap. Smells great (coconut/lime), and is made/available locally, but didn't give the shave I was hoping for. I'll try it again in a few weeks, once my technique is better. In the meantime, I'll probably use it as a post-shave balm, and a moisturizing cream on my shave-free days.

$bups.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom