What's new

Stirling cream equivalent

I may try it with my next puch of MWF Tallow.
It didn't work as well with my tallow MWF. A layer of a gelatin like substance formed that had to be peeled off as it was acting as a barrier between the puck and water. I don't know if losing that substance affected the performance, but once that was gone it did absorb and expand, but much more slowly as it didn't propagate through the soap as well.

Haslinger you simply throw it in some water and two days later the soap is bigger and softer but otherwise exactly the same

Last edited:
I rather like the Arko creams. they are much better than the Arko stick. My wife appreciates the Arko Sensitive's light lavender scent.

At the lowest end I'd put the Old Spice cream. I still like it though and use it often. I have yet to be disappointed by a cream---excluding Cella Bio which has great performance but is too hard to be sold in a tube.

Working through a tub of Salter myself and it seems like a wonderful cream. A&E has a new line of creams available at Maggards or their club if interested, have a tub or two of their stuff on the way.

Working through a tub of Salter myself and it seems like a wonderful cream. A&E has a new line of creams available at Maggards or their club if interested, have a tub or two of their stuff on the way.
I know two people now that are claiming that A&E's new cream has retired all other creams in their rotation, though I haven't tried it yet myself, it's absolutely on the list, being as it's so affordable.

Interesting, I just picked up some TOBS sandalwood and it's one of the stronger scented items I own, though I quite enjoy the robust scent...but then, some of my soaps are so old that, perhaps, they've just faded and are, therefore, juxtaposed.
Well, I opened my drawer of creams. As it turns out, TOBS has several with a more "robust" scent such as Grapefruit, OUD and Tobacco Leaf and even Mr Taylors. Eaton College, Shave Shop, not so much.

I find T&H 1805 to be very mild with Trafalgar and Grafton having more scent. Trumper's Rose, Eucris and Lime are somewhat stronger scent wise than GFT (my favorite )

Thus, I hereby amend, sir, my previous statement to now say that several of the British creams have lighter scents. :001_smile

I love the scents of all of my creams.

Well, I opened my drawer of creams. As it turns out, TOBS has several with a more "robust" scent such as Grapefruit, OUD and Tobacco Leaf and even Mr Taylors. Eaton College, Shave Shop, not so much.

I find T&H 1805 to be very mild with Trafalgar and Grafton having more scent. Trumper's Rose, Eucris and Lime are somewhat stronger scent wise than GFT (my favorite )

Thus, I hereby amend, sir, my previous statement to now say that several of the British creams have lighter scents. :001_smile

I love the scents of all of my creams.
That's a good thing, I think. I love bold scents. I'm also very interested in A&E's cream.

My A&E shave creams finally came in. The first one was the Dirty Ginger. Scent was interesting, not bad but they describe it as a ginger ale.

I’ve always been on the look out for a nice cola scent. Their Cherry Cola, is pretty spot on, the fragrance is just like grenadine! It’s weird that I prefer a Roy Rogers over cherry coke even though they are about the same. But a good grenadine, Mexican coke and I’m happy. Glad I bought two.

I will say I am more of a soap guy versus creams and I just started out using creams again. I started out using creams many years ago in my Mach 3 days.

I’ve been using the Cyril R Salter sublime citrus recently and have come to like it. Price wise they are the same about $15 so that’s a wash. Between the citrus and ginger scents, I’ll go with the citrus. Performance wise I’ll give the edge to the A&E.

I wasn’t quite into it but I was very excited to try this soap. My shave was about two days of growth and not my usual before bed, instead this was a morning shave. I wasn’t quite into it, I am not a morning person, but I was very excited to try this soap. It made a nice lather and a comfortable shave, the fragrance actually grew on me.

Between the two creams, I’ll take the slight edge with the A&E.

Skip-able Preface: I'm a soap junkie who has used the huge majority of the soaps mentioned on the forums and have gotten pretty good at identifying the soaps that are high quality but haven't quite pushed into the realm of diminishing returns. For example, Stirling is a high quality soap at a fair price. While most will agree that Kairos or k2E are slightly better soaps they are also much more expensive due to aforementioned diminishing returns. Well, I've recently had a random desire to experiment with some soft creams and would like your help with identifying creams that occupy that price to performance sweet spot, per se, similar to Stirling, as I lack the first hand experience I can rely on with soaps. SOFT CREAMS ONLY, please.

tl;dr:

If Palmolive and Speick are the cream equivalents to Arko
and SMN and ADP are the cream equivalents to Omnibus,
what then, in your opinion, is the soft cream equivalent to Stirling?

Thanks in advance, and forgive the imperfect analogy.

Give Kiss My Face a try. I've found it's much cheaper in physical stores though, at least around me.

Top Bottom