What's new

What was the official name of the "Gillette Fatboy"

Oh great. You just had to go and show me that prototype Fatboy. Thanks a mllion. Now my dreams are going to be haunted by that image and the sound of more of my money flying out the window. Seriously, I've never seen such a thing and did not know that existed. How rare are they?

Oh great. You just had to go and show me that prototype Fatboy. Thanks a mllion. Now my dreams are going to be haunted by that image and the sound of more of my money flying out the window. Seriously, I've never seen such a thing and did not know that existed. How rare are they?

These are pretty rare indeed. I had looked for over a year before I found my first one and at the time only saw a picture once as well. Funny, mine came out of Pittsburg.

Jimmy, I was under the impression that these were the prototype for the adjustable razor and were pre Fatboy so that would be 57' as the Regional release for the Fatboy was D1 First quarter 58'. ....:confused:

I think it´s the same situation as the 5 numbers Toggle:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25049&highlight=Toggle+differences

A Prototype from this type maybe is made in the same year as the 9 numbers type. Nobody knows it sure :blushing:

My 195 Instruction is from 1957 and shows a normal Fatboy

http://www.mr-razor.com/Anleitungen/1958 195.jpg

My oldest Fatboy is a D1 with red Point.

I've seen a posted picture of a Slim with the original package and it was label
"Adjustable Razor Mark II" So the Fatboy should be "Adjustable Razor Mark I"

I've seen a posted picture of a Slim with the original package and it was label
"Adjustable Razor Mark II" So the Fatboy should be "Adjustable Razor Mark I"

Gillette always referred to the fatboy as "195 adjustable", even after the initial year when it was sold for $1.95. The special editions of 1960 (G4) with the knob at the bottom were very limited production that to my knowledge were never retailed.

Hold on now, G4 is 4th quarter 1961. F1 is first quarter 1960.

Jimmy, I didn't think they ran a scheduled production of this...:confused:

If they did, I wonder why several years later than the prototype and why it was after the national release of the more common Fatboy?
Perhaps as an employee perk?

Hi guys

I just bought this razor at the local antique shop with the markings "G4" on it. Any idea what it is?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom