What's new

What TV series you watching?

I'm a few episodes in. Not sure if it has grabbed me yet. Never read the book.
Reading the book may have helped. The show, as I think about it, seems very sentimental, and even, arguably, a show designed to appeal to women. I do not remember the book seeming that way. On the other hand, the show seems fairly true to the book. I do still like the show. I guess I have some tolerance for schmaltz, but not usually a whole lot. I have not read any reviews. I wonder what critics are saying about it. As I recall the reviews were pretty good, but not amazing.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Reading the book may have helped. The show, as I think about it, seems very sentimental, and even, arguably, a show designed to appeal to women. I do not remember the book seeming that way. On the other hand, the show seems fairly true to the book. I do still like the show. I guess I have some tolerance for schmaltz, but not usually a whole lot. I have not read any reviews. I wonder what critics are saying about it. As I recall the reviews were pretty good, but not amazing.
Streaming now on The Hallmark Channel!
:lol1:

I just finished Shogun, It was enjoyable 7/10, I'm 4 episodes into Fallout I like it. I tried but failed to watch A Gentleman in Moscow, I managed episode 2 and that was all I could take.

Finished Game of Thrones again.

GoT Horse.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
1714197415387.png

I watched Everybody Loves Raymond years ago and quite enjoyed it; I had occasion to watch again and at first I thought that it had not aged well. However, the truth is that it is more likely me that has not aged well; I now find the humour crass and obvious and the characters intolerable. The program has not changed, I have, and perhaps not for the better.

Top Bottom