What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Cracked the 2oz tub of C&D Autumn Evening I got today. Smoked in a brand new Mini-cob. FINALLY an aromatic that doesn't come gloopy, honestly PERFECT out of the tub! What an enjoyable smoke, I got maple flavor peeking through all the way to the end! Going to be smoking this one often!

Cracked open this jar of Briar Works Country Lawyer, a new to me blend. Smoking it in the Altinok Meer, the 2015 PSD POY.
20231229.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just cracked a tin of C&D Briar Fox the other day. I've had one cellared for a few years and had never actually tried the blend. I wanted to crack one to see if it is worth stocking up on. The jury is still out after two bowls...I'll probably smoke through the tin before making any decisions.

Cracked a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon, a dented tin I received in a TobaccoPipes Random Tin deal. This is my first ever smoke of the CBRM. I'm not a big aro fan, but I do smoke a few now and again. My last big bite at the cherry tobacco was over 50 years ago with Paladin Black Cherry. My memory is that didn't go so well. We shall see!
20240123CBRM.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Cracked a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon, a dented tin I received in a TobaccoPipes Random Tin deal. This is my first ever smoke of the CBRM. I'm not a big aro fan, but I do smoke a few now and again. My last big bite at the cherry tobacco was over 50 years ago with Paladin Black Cherry. My memory is that didn't go so well. We shall see!
View attachment 1784961
I’m not a big aro fan either, but IMO Cult BRM is a surprisingly good Cherry aro. Let us know what you think.

My observations on Cult Blood Red Moon:
The tin note is strong. Cherry with an edge of something medicinal, perhaps cherry flavored cough syrup? A bit overpowering.
Fortunately, most of that smell disappears in the smoke. I found CBRM an enjoyable smoke given it's an aro. Not an everyday smoke for me, but it scratches the aro itch. I don't know if I'll buy more, that remains to be seen.

Cracked a tin of Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader this week...Have another vacuum sealed in the cellar.

Should have tried this years ago. Very nice blend, smokes well! The second bowl was in a cob while shoveling the driveway (just an inch of heavy snow, needed a reason to smoke a pipe LOL), never got hot when puffing away, tasted good all the way down.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Four 12.5g Mylar pouches ripped open to replenish my jars.

Coniston Cut Plug
Firedance
Grousemoor
No.7 Broken Flake

Plus a pouch of Kendal House (a molasses cav aro) is now poised to replenish an aromatic jar, which has just got a few scraps in (about 1/3 of a bowl)

Top Bottom