What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
After emptying a jar of Cavendish aromatic, I went fishing in the baccy drawer to find another pouch. None there! All the aromatics in the drawer were Virginia's and Virginia burleys. The drawer was visibly depleting too, so I dug out the shoeboxes from the wardrobe to top it up a bit.

Before

20231209_080029.jpg

After

20231209_081649.jpg

I managed to squeeze another 25 pouches in there (just over 6 tins worth). I think that's the first time I've had to do that since my last order, around eight months ago. That's a bit more smoking than I expected, as I have budgeted for smoking that amount per year, I'm still well stocked for a fair while though.

I also fished out a pouch of Gawith Hoggarth American Black and Brown to replenish the Cav Aro jar.

Not a tin, but my first pouch of the legendary St. Bruno. The stuff is dampish in the pouch, and had a plummy and almost barbecue-sauce aroma. I dried and rubbed it out, then smoked about 5-6 minutes of it yesterday after work -- my usual routine with a new blend, to see how it affects me. It lit and burned steadily in my Mastercraft straight billiard with the twin bores.

This morning with coffee, I fired up the remainder of the bowl. No bitterness, and a pleasant fifteen-minute session cleared my fuzzy early-morning head. So far St. Bruno seems worth the high price (about 2x that of a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh).

And I love the packaging with the St. Bernard dog and the unavoidable nic warning set in small type instead of being an annoying headline!

I have a new tin of Peterson Early Morning pipe and one of MB Golden Extra. Saving those for Xmas and cooler weather.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've just packed a bowl with mixed crumbs (Revor plug and Irish Cask) for tomorrow, to free up a couple more jars for refilling. Well, three actually, so I have just ripped open the following Mylar pouches

Sam Gawith Lakeland Dark (Aug '20)
Sam Gawith St James Flake (Oct '20)
Gawith Hoggarth No.27 Perique Flake (Mar '22)

Top Bottom